• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Stadium Study

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,002
  • Days Won:  12

8 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Speaking of an OCS. Watching L'ville and their stadium is 1/2 empty. Amazing what not having a good team does for attendance. And is their stadium actually on campus?

Yes. And funded with papa johns money. 

And in a "P5" conference. 

And on a nationally televised Friday night game. 

Could be the sucky opponent... I kid. In all honesty yes while anecdotal it goes to show your product has to be exciting. That may not always mean you go 12 and 0, but you have exciting players, who play an exciting game, with a coach who bleeds your colors and is a program leader, and occasionally you shock the world. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

That's impossible.  I've heard we're the only team whose fans don't sell out the stadium every week.  Who cares if we are playing Tulsa, Tulane, and Our Lady University of the Deaf and Blind.  Our fans suck 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,271
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

That's impossible.  I've heard we're the only team whose fans don't sell out the stadium every week.  Who cares if we are playing Tulsa, Tulane, and Our Lady University of the Deaf and Blind.  Our fans suck 

I think it all comes back to what I’ve said was the problem the entire time, no one wants to go to a stadium to see their team plan AAC teams.

Just now, puc86 said:

I think it all comes back to what I’ve said was the problem the entire time, no one wants to go to a stadium to see their team plan AAC teams.

Not 65K people.  That's for sure.  And on a Thursday to see Tulsa you should thank your lucky starts if 15K show up.  But no, we bash the fans

1 minute ago, chapelbull said:

Not 65K people.  That's for sure.  And on a Thursday to see Tulsa you should thank your lucky starts if 15K show up.  But no, we bash the fans

I never bash the fans, I never bash the players, I never bash the students and I never bash the university. Some how thinking that maybe consumers and actual Bulls aren’t the actual issue and that people paid to do something should be expected to do those things at a proficient level is seen as the anti Usf position in this bizarro world we have created. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,065
  • Days Won:  469

48 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Speaking of an OCS. Watching L'ville and their stadium is 1/2 empty. Amazing what not having a good team does for attendance. And is their stadium actually on campus?

Who are they playing? Maybe it’s a ****** team.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Brad said:

Who are they playing? Maybe it’s a ****** team.

Busch Beer GIF by Busch

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,065
  • Days Won:  469

When did this site start substituting ****** for “unappealing”?

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,833
  • Days Won:  22

I think times are changing. Very few schools are going to be packing 65k stadiums specially midweek unless it’s a huge game. Fans can watch pretty much every game on tv.

Thats why a 35k-40k stadium is just the right size. If you have 15-20k it looks much better in a 40k stadium than in a 65k one.

2 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

I think times are changing. Very few schools are going to be packing 65k stadiums specially midweek unless it’s a huge game. Fans can watch pretty much every game on tv.

Thats why a 35k-40k stadium is just the right size. If you have 15-20k it looks much better in a 40k stadium than in a 65k one.

I'm not sure many schools have every done that.  I agree 35 - 40K is about right with the chance to add on.  Maybe 45K and make sure to have the suites