• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Timmy McClain

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

20 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

It's good for people to read a lot of words w/o pictures from time to time..  

That's why we keep puc around ...... I like your words better, though.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

11 minutes ago, Triple B said:

That's why we keep puc around ...... I like your words better, though.

Heavens know..I try to live up to the expectations of others and...bring a glimmer of sunshine into the their lives..      puc? will puc you over every time...but not in a malicious way just...the puc way. When you read his printed ramblings of irony, philosophy mixed with confusion you know at the end..you have just been puc'd...but it's OK. 

You know brads going to come sneaking through here and slap an OT on my forehead for this nonsense right???

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

3 hours ago, BulledOver said:

Yeah, it's tough to say QF had a tough freshman year when he wasn't the starter and our offense plan sucked. We all know the story--Once the QF and Friends were cut loose we were a football team...I miss those days. 

I love the revisionist history.  QF wasn't very good at running the offense as a sophmore.  He could scramble and get yards, but he wasn't a real QB until at least midway through his Jr year.  There were parts of the playbook he simply could not run.  It was all WR screens and throwing deep.

Not that this is meant to be derogatory, it certainly paid off in the end.  I am just pointing out that the improvement over four or five years of college is remarkable for most athletes, especially football players.  There is a reason a new coach rarely wins in the first two years taking over a miserable program.  If QF had been behind a decent QB, he'd have sat year one and been around for an even more remarkable senior year.  At least Timmy is starting from a more advanced place from mechanics and understanding of how to run an offense.  But there will still be growing pains for a while.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  222
  • Days Won:  1

50 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

I love the revisionist history.  QF wasn't very good at running the offense as a sophmore.  He could scramble and get yards, but he wasn't a real QB until at least midway through his Jr year.  There were parts of the playbook he simply could not run.  It was all WR screens and throwing deep.

Not that this is meant to be derogatory, it certainly paid off in the end.  I am just pointing out that the improvement over four or five years of college is remarkable for most athletes, especially football players.  There is a reason a new coach rarely wins in the first two years taking over a miserable program.  If QF had been behind a decent QB, he'd have sat year one and been around for an even more remarkable senior year.  At least Timmy is starting from a more advanced place from mechanics and understanding of how to run an offense.  But there will still be growing pains for a while.

I agreed with Timmy being ahead of him at this point but it was Q’s sophomore year in 2015 when he got the offense rolling against Syracuse not his junior year.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

37 minutes ago, Gobulls90 said:

I agreed with Timmy being ahead of him at this point but it was Q’s sophomore year in 2015 when he got the offense rolling against Syracuse not his junior year.

Depends on your definition of "got rolling", I suppose.  If you mean, not dreadful, then I would agree.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, Who'sYourData? said:

Well I am certainly glad that your "revisionist history" lead in was not meant to be derogatory. The nice thing about opinions is that we all can have one just like an anatomical curiosity we all have in common...

I guess the most basic rationalization that you can make from the years in question was: <We were winners> Hopefully, McClain will be the guy? Certainly hope so since there doesn't seem to be an alternative?? 

Question, are you one of those parents that disciplines their child by sitting them down at the kitchen table and then rambling on and on about their misconduct? After a while the kid is so worn down & out they will never, ever, ever do it again? You know, not telling them they are wrong or bad outright but...casting a long drawn out shadow of an implication? 😉  Just funnin you.  

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,080
  • Days Won:  39

1 hour ago, Gobulls90 said:

Timmy could surpass all.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

19 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Timmy could surpass all.

Let's get him a win first.....

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,080
  • Days Won:  39

39 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

Let's get him a win first.....

That would be nice. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,702
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, BulledOver said:

Well I am certainly glad that your "revisionist history" lead in was not meant to be derogatory. The nice thing about opinions is that we all can have one just like an anatomical curiosity we all have in common...

I guess the most basic rationalization that you can make from the years in question was: <We were winners> Hopefully, McClain will be the guy? Certainly hope so since there doesn't seem to be an alternative?? 

Question, are you one of those parents that disciplines their child by sitting them down at the kitchen table and then rambling on and on about their misconduct? After a while the kid is so worn down & out they will never, ever, ever do it again? You know, not telling them they are wrong or bad outright but...casting a long drawn out shadow of an implication? 😉  Just funnin you.  

I had to look to see who you were quoting.  Figured it had to be puc.  I was wrong again.

• Haha 1