• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Timmy McClain

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

5 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I hope you guys are correct but keep in mind they only practiced five days, not sure if you can do much more with “new” plays being delivered. Injuries are the big positive here. 

Hell, executing the plays we do have would have made SMU a lot more interesting ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

7 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Hell, executing the plays we do have would have made SMU a lot more interesting ...

To quote a classic McKay statement that was screwed up by Brian Kelly: “I am all for executions.” 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,358
  • Days Won:  8

2 hours ago, E.T. said:

Played in 5 games. Shared with Steven Bench and Mike White in 2014

13 Carries for 73 Yards

8 for 20 with 2 INT's and No TDs  and 111 Yards

Probably not a great comparison with Timmy, since Willie was still trying to run a power-run offense behind a line ill suited for the task

If Willie had gone right to the GCO when Q was a freshman, Q’s numbers would have been comparable to what Timmy is putting up now

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, bowman1 said:

Probably not a great comparison with Timmy, since Willie was still trying to run a power-run offense behind a line ill suited for the task

If Willie had gone right to the GCO when Q was a freshman, Q’s numbers would have been comparable to what Timmy is putting up now

True but man he was really, really raw. I wish more that he was not used for games during that 4 win season and then got another full year out of him. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

True but man he was really, really raw.

Yeah, there was no way CWT was handing over the reins totally to true freshman Q, who I don't think enrolled early to go through Spring camp, that first year and he wasn't going to run a version of a gco with the 2 qb's that he started season with

I wish more that he was not used for games during that 4 win season and then got another full year out of him. 

No you don't. That may have prolonged the CCS Experiment ....

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,703
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

To quote a classic McKay statement that was screwed up by Brian Kelly: “I am all for executions.” 

Thought it was a response to a question about the team's execution and he said "I'm in favor of it".  

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Thought it was a response to a question about the team's execution and he said "I'm in favor of it".  

That’s what McKay said, my post was the one Kelly used. Kelly tried the McKay quote and totally screwed it up on national tv 😂

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

13 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

6 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

That’s what McKay said, my post was the one Kelly used. Kelly tried the McKay quote and totally screwed it up on national tv 😂

You sirs are both correct

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

18 hours ago, slowdown said:

Q didn't produce anything notable his first year.

In the eye of the beholder

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

18 hours ago, slowdown said:

Q didn't produce anything notable his first year.

As a true freshman at South Florida, Flowers played in five games and made one start. He finished the season with 111 passing yards and two interceptions and also had 73 yards rushing. Flowers was named the starting quarterback in 2015.[3] He started all 13 games, completing 163 of 276 passes for 2,296 yards with a school record 22 passing touchdowns and eight interceptions. He also rushed for 991 yards and 12 touchdowns.[4] Flowers returned as the starter in 2016.[5] Flowers was the American Athletic Conference Offensive Player of the Year in 2016, rushing for 1,530 yards and 18 touchdowns, while throwing for 2,812 yards and 24 touchdowns with only 7 interceptions.[6] Flowers was second nationally in ESPN's Total QBR statistic in 2016As a true freshman at South Florida, Flowers played in five games and made one start. He finished the season with 111 passing yards and two interceptions and also had 73 yards rushing. Flowers was named the starting quarterback in 2015.[3] He started all 13 games, completing 163 of 276 passes for 2,296 yards with a school record 22 passing touchdowns and eight interceptions. He also rushed for 991 yards and 12 touchdowns.[4] Flowers returned as the starter in 2016.[5] Flowers was the American Athletic Conference Offensive Player of the Year in 2016, rushing for 1,530 yards and 18 touchdowns, while throwing for 2,812 yards and 24 touchdowns with only 7 interceptions.[6] Flowers was second nationally in ESPN's Total QBR statistic in 2016As a true freshman at South Florida, Flowers played in five games and made one start. He finished the season with 111 passing yards and two interceptions and also had 73 yards rushing. Flowers was named the starting quarterback in 2015.[3] He started all 13 games, completing 163 of 276 passes for 2,296 yards with a school record 22 passing touchdowns and eight interceptions. He also rushed for 991 yards and 12 touchdowns.[4] Flowers returned as the starter in 2016.[5] Flowers was the American Athletic Conference Offensive Player of the Year in 2016, rushing for 1,530 yards and 18 touchdowns, while throwing for 2,812 yards and 24 touchdowns with only 7 interceptions.[6] Flowers was second nationally in ESPN's Total QBR statistic in 2016As a true freshman at South Florida, Flowers played in five games and made one start. He finished the season with 111 passing yards and two interceptions and also had 73 yards rushing. Flowers was named the starting quarterback in 2015.[3] He started all 13 games, completing 163 of 276 passes for 2,296 yards with a school record 22 passing touchdowns and eight interceptions. He also rushed for 991 yards and 12 touchdowns.[4] Flowers returned as the starter in 2016.[5] Flowers was the American Athletic Conference Offensive Player of the Year in 2016, rushing for 1,530 yards and 18 touchdowns, while throwing for 2,812 yards and 24 touchdowns with only 7 interceptions.[6] Flowers was second nationally in ESPN's Total QBR statistic in 2016                     👀