• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

GROUNDBREAKING!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

36 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Last season some of the the things he said were out right wrong and a foundation for the failure we demonstrated. This season he has come back with some self reflection and I will agree there is little issue that I take with most anything I have heard from him and the coaching staff. Unfortunately sometimes people sound like they get it, they try their best, they are the nicest of people but it just doesn’t happen for them. My biggest concern is recruiting which is the easiest path to success and has not looked remarkable, that’s the foundation you need to build in life as a coach talent and talent breeds wins which breeds more talent and a winning culture every other thing people say they need to instill in order to win is typically just noise. You put the right people in the right positions to be successful that’s it.

Yes, I think we will also watch him grow as a first-time head coach, and I do expect he will make mistakes here and there and learn from them. He also seems a quick study, but not afraid to make mistakes and appreciate the opportunities to learn from them, as a good leader should. Can't expect perfection and have expectations met all the time. He has an excellent set of examples to follow, including CDS and Michael Kelly. I am no expert, or shoot, even remotely well-versed in football. But I know a thing or two about leadership, and CJS has all the markings of a stellar one in the making.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, FazaUSF said:

Yes, I think we will also watch him grow as a first-time head coach, and I do expect he will make mistakes here and there and learn from them. He also seems a quick study, but not afraid to make mistakes and appreciate the opportunities to learn from them, as a good leader should. Can't expect perfection and have expectations met all the time. He has an excellent set of examples to follow, including CDS and Michael Kelly. I am no expert, or shoot, even remotely well-versed in football. But I know a thing or two about leadership, and CJS has all the markings of a stellar one in the making.

I would agree that I now see potential for him to be successful but sometimes potential is not realized. I believe you are in the medical field and I’m sure bedside manner and host of other things are important but if your patients keep ending up dead none of that is going to matter to anyone, before we think he is the one he may need to save a single patient.

• Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

A perfectly fine and fair approach. I'm just predicting that in 5 years I will be able to return to this thread and consider my IPF and CJS predictions good ones :D

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, FazaUSF said:

A perfectly fine and fair approach. I'm just predicting that in 5 years I will be able to return to this thread and consider my IPF and CJS predictions good ones :D

Fair enough, I think we all hope you are right.

• Like 2

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,863
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

Fair enough, I think we all hope you are right.

I get 4 wins this year as a prediction however not much better next year?? and in 5 years we will have something.  To date he has only shoveled us piles of ****, he may be the real deal however he may not be able to coach his way out of a wet paper bag.  I think it is great Faza has a man crush on the guy and I want to believe and think we may have our guy but for the love of god show us something on the field to help us keep the faith, southern BS will only get you so far, eventually you go from charming and charismatic to an inbred idiot if we don’t start seeing some wins. 

2 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I get 4 wins this year as a prediction however not much better next year?? and in 5 years we will have something.  To date he has only shoveled us piles of ****, he may be the real deal however he may not be able to coach his way out of a wet paper bag.  I think it is great Faza has a man crush on the guy and I want to believe and think we may have our guy but for the love of god show us something on the field to help us keep the faith, southern BS will only get you so far, eventually you go from charming and charismatic to an inbred idiot if we don’t start seeing some wins. 

It’s in our best interest that he ends up being the one, in terms of football, winning and recruiting there has been nothing demonstrated that would give reason to believe it will happen but it still would be nicer than the alternative.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,863
  • Days Won:  67

Just now, puc86 said:

It’s in our best interest that he ends up being the one, in terms of football, winning and recruiting there has been nothing demonstrated that would give reason to believe it will happen but it still would be nicer than the alternative.

We have never followed a bad hire with a bad hire, the repercussions would would be catastrophic and probably a death spiral.  I don’t just want him to succeed but we absolutely need him to succeed.   

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,015
  • Days Won:  469

1 minute ago, Friscobull said:

We have never followed a bad hire with a bad hire, the repercussions would would be catastrophic and probably a death spiral.  I don’t just want him to succeed but we absolutely need him to succeed.   

I think it being assumed it's that easy to hire another home run is the reason the group that decided to sack Leavitt put us on a path of failure.

What am I thinking?  Let's stick to the groundbreaking here- we can have another CJS thread elsewhere...

• Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,439
  • Days Won:  19

12 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

We have never followed a bad hire with a bad hire....   

I guess that depends on your long-term perspective of what constitutes success and your definition of a "bad hire."

Coach Tenure Seasons Games Record Win percentage Bowl record
Jim Leavitt 1997–2009 13 152 95–57 .625 3–2
Skip Holtz 2010–2012 3 37 16–21 .432 1–0
Willie Taggart 2013–2016 4 49 24–25 .490 0–1
T. J. Weist 2016 1 1 1–0 1.000 1–0
Charlie Strong 2017–2019 3 37 21–16 .568 1–1
Jeff Scott 2020–present 1 9 1-8 .111 N/A

• Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,683
  • Days Won:  108

Just now, SilverBull said:

I guess that depends on your long-term perspective of what constitutes success and your definition of a "bad hire."

Coach Tenure Seasons Games Record Win percentage Bowl record
Jim Leavitt 1997–2009 13 152 95–57 .625 3–2
Skip Holtz 2010–2012 3 37 16–21 .432 1–0
Willie Taggart 2013–2016 4 49 24–25 .490 0–1
T. J. Weist 2016 1 1 1–0 1.000 1–0
Charlie Strong 2017–2019 3 37 21–16 .568 1–1
Jeff Scott 2020–present 1 9 1-8 .111 N/A

Is Weist still available?

• Haha 1