• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

GROUNDBREAKING!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

13 hours ago, Triple B said:

As part of the official announcement on February 20, 2021 ....

Timeline:
            This Spring – renovations to preexisting facilities in the Lee Roy Selmon Athletics Center are scheduled to begin following the completion of spring football practice and are slated to be completed prior to the start of fall football camp for the 2021 season.

This Summer – construction on the Indoor Performance Facility is set to begin this summer and is slated for completion prior to the start of fall football camp for the 2022 season.

Hopefully, they aren't adhering to the Fla residents take on Summer...ends around November if the prayed for cold front arrives...Oh well, Someday it will be a visual. Guess we better just go win some ball games...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

On 8/31/2021 at 8:03 AM, CousinRicky said:

To Rutgers?  😄

To the Derek Zoolander & Smazza Center for Kids Who Can't Read or Type or Grammar or Spell Good

😅

• Haha 1

I am certain the pandemic-inflated cost of building materials played a role in the slight delay. Credit USF Athletics, they are sticking with the plan no matter how many obstacles to sidestep. And if that new locker room is any indication, the new facility will be first-rate. Undoubtedly will be a huge boost to the program and recruiting.

To the person who suggested we redirect the funds to coaching changes... CJS is the one. He will be long-term, he will stay through a championship. He will be USF's Dabo Swinney. He, his staff, and the program need this IPF. Great things are coming for the Bulls!

Edited by FazaUSF

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

9 minutes ago, FazaUSF said:

I am certain the pandemic-inflated cost of building materials played a role in the slight delay. Credit USF Athletics, they are sticking with the plan no matter how many obstacles to sidestep. And if that new locker room is any indication, the new facility will be first-rate. Undoubtedly will be a huge boost to the program and recruiting.

To the person who suggested we redirect the funds to coaching changes... CJS is the one. He will be long-term, he will stay through a championship. He will be USF's Dabo Swinney. He, his staff, and the program need this IPF. Great things are coming for the Bulls!

I like you and your optimism and I know you don’t care too much for my cynicism but what have you honestly seen from CJS to crown him the one other than he is the right now?

20 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I like you and your optimism and I know you don’t care too much for my cynicism but what have you honestly seen from CJS to crown him the one other than he is the right now?

Had dinner with he and his wife, who are both awesome. Looked him in the eye, searched his soul. Listen to everything he says, watch everything he does. I have liked no coach since Leavitt, and Leavitt had his drawbacks as much as his talents. Trust me, CJS will stay, build, and eventually I believe there is a chance he may stay long enough and accomplish enough to outshine even the Godfather.

Edited by FazaUSF
Spelling
  • Go Bulls! 1

6 minutes ago, FazaUSF said:

Had dinner with he and his wife, who are both awesome. Looked him in the eye, searched his soul. Listen to everything he says, watch everything he does. I have liked no coach since Leavitt, and Leavitt had his drawbacks as much as his talents. Trust me, CJS will stay, build, and eventually I suspect he may outshine even the Godfather.

I have no doubt he is genuine and I have no doubt that he will lean towards staying unless he gets an offer that he cannot refuse, my question is more along the lines of what has he demonstrated in coaching that indicates he will be successful enough to ever have to make a choice about wanting to stay. For me the one has to win and we have yet to demonstrate that or even a roadmap to it.

3 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I have no doubt he is genuine and I have no doubt that he will lean towards staying unless he gets an offer that he cannot refuse, my question is more along the lines of what has he demonstrated in coaching that indicates he will be successful enough to ever have to make a choice about wanting to stay. For me the one has to win and we have yet to demonstrate that or even a roadmap to it.

A totally fair approach. Speaking with him often enough, I think he 'gets it.' Leadership and culture first, wins come later. Building strong foundation. Not getting caught up in short-term expectations. Takes more time and cost to build a bigger, grander house. He says and does the right things, personally and professionally. I think he is the real deal. This season, I still expect at most a 4 win season. Next season may be a little better. The wins will come, but they won't be quick enough for the most impatient of us. I'm not worried about it, because I see the foundation being built.

1 minute ago, FazaUSF said:

A totally fair approach. Speaking with him often enough, I think he 'gets it.' Leadership and culture first, wins come later. Building strong foundation. Not getting caught up in short-term expectations. Takes more time and cost to build a bigger, grander house. He says and does the right things, personally and professionally. I think he is the real deal. This season, I still expect at most a 4 win season. Next season may be a little better. The wins will come, but they won't be quick enough for the most impatient of us. I'm not worried about it, because I see the foundation being built.

Last season some of the the things he said were out right wrong and a foundation for the failure we demonstrated. This season he has come back with some self reflection and I will agree there is little issue that I take with most anything I have heard from him and the coaching staff. Unfortunately sometimes people sound like they get it, they try their best, they are the nicest of people but it just doesn’t happen for them. My biggest concern is recruiting which is the easiest path to success and has not looked remarkable, that’s the foundation you need to build in life as a coach talent and talent breeds wins which breeds more talent and a winning culture every other thing people say they need to instill in order to win is typically just noise. You put the right people in the right positions to be successful that’s it.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

15 minutes ago, FazaUSF said:

makes sense, there was a video of the Lightning coach in the locker room before a stanley cup final game preaching "process over results". if we can have half the success with that mindset they have i'll be thrilled

• Like 1