• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

GROUNDBREAKING!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Content Count:  3,691
  • Days Won:  2

Don't need them, going to be batting against slower pitching.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,025
  • Days Won:  38

18 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

We are building the structure. We were green lighted for the project by the University a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks for reporting in!  Much appreciated.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,896
  • Days Won:  33

1 hour ago, Brad said:

Well, yeah.  We'll see.  There are college football environmental factors that should play a role in that ultimate decision.  Approval is one thing, good judgment is another.  I could never be so confident of that large of an expenditure if the very basics of my business were moving like sand under my feet.  

I certainly understand where you're coming from here.

There have been many threads on this board talking discussing about how the program needs to move forward. This expenditure is something that the program needs and has needed for a long time. There have been many people, and many from this board, who have helped make this project a reality. We cannot back away now if the news of the day turns out to be true. 

We have to better ourselves and better our position and the IPF will do this in the long run.

• Like 3

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

Good.  Allegedly it will be utilized by multiple sports so that is a positive. Will it make us a better football team-Hopefully it will add a dimension that does make it better. Obviously, most D-1 colleges around the Country have invested in a practice facility. Will it help recruiting? Hopefully. This will in all likelihood will be the largest project that USF has done with regard to athletics-at least recently. Cincy put big money into their stadium facilities in recent years. UCF same. Houston's IPF a couple years ago. Of course there were other associated things/moves done that also improved their programs but...it's paying off for them. As we know, all 3 have their own stadiums to boot. Academics, Facilities and winning Teams. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  338
  • Content Count:  3,691
  • Days Won:  2

22 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

There have been many threads on this board talking discussing about how the program needs to move forward. This expenditure is something that the program needs and has needed for a long time. There have been many people, and many from this board, who have helped make this project a reality. We cannot back away now if the news of the day turns out to be true. 

We have to better ourselves and better our position and the IPF will do this in the long run.

Spot on.  The current news sucks for us, but B12 will have more defections.  The remaining 8 teams are not happy.  Any chance to jump to ACC or B10 will give us a chance to replace them. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,576
  • Days Won:  423

6 hours ago, Brad said:

Since it's just one's perspective, what would not be accurate?

Are you saying the announcement was completely coincidental?  

Or are you saying we are building that structure come hell or high water?

Help me be more accurate in my assumptions.

I'm not sure I get the questioning. The IPF was announced in February to break ground in the summer. It's the summer and we're breaking ground so don't see any conspiratorial timing on the announcement. Despite all the usual histrionics from the board, we're not shutting down football and they're still going to need a safe place to practice during inclement weather.

5 hours ago, John Lewis said:

We appreciate you, John.  Go Bulls!

8 minutes ago, Triple B said:

It's the summer and we're breaking ground so don't see any conspiratorial timing on the announcement.

I do think it's funny that a few of us had different secret conspiracy theories though but didn't say them out loud.  It was probably my favorite moment of this whole fiasco.  It goes to show that they need to get a roadmap or vision out to fans on how we will build up the football program and not be afraid to say the big things.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,013
  • Days Won:  469

34 minutes ago, Triple B said:

The IPF was announced in February to break ground in the summer. It's the summer and we're breaking ground so don't see any conspiratorial timing on the announcement.

The question of whether the groundbreaking announcement timing was just coincidental was not addressed by Mr. Lewis.