• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jeff Scott's comments on first scrimmage

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

6 minutes ago, zarnozdabull said:

What Is It Reaction GIF by Nebraska Humane Society

Only say cause we saw flashes the offense could score last season and we should be improved at all positions.

Or maybe its the Calibull offseason koolaid talking. 

• Haha 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,003
  • Days Won:  469

I may have sipped the koolaid.

Over the last two or so years I was amazed at how many times I thought we were at rock bottom, yet we found a new bottom.  

I'm feeling pretty good that we've fallen as far as this coach and administration is willing to bear.  I think with a full cycle of practice and competition along with a no longer new coach, we are ready to begin our journey back to relevance.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

20 minutes ago, Brad said:

I may have sipped the koolaid.

Over the last two or so years I was amazed at how many times I thought we were at rock bottom, yet we found a new bottom.  

I'm feeling pretty good that we've fallen as far as this coach and administration is willing to bear.  I think with a full cycle of practice and competition along with a no longer new coach, we are ready to begin our journey back to relevance.

think we could see a less extreme version of 2015 this year. We started 1-3 that year then finished 7-2. I could see us starting 1-3 or 1-4 then go 4-3 or 5-2 to end the season.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,003
  • Days Won:  469

There is no doubt that the start will be tough.  The rats will be jumping the ship all over again.  What really matters is how we respond as a team to that, how we learn from that stretch and the incremental improvement each week thereafter.  I hope the fans can keep their heads right, it would probably help the team advance.  

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

https://www.theledger.com/story/sports/2021/08/05/zier-now-time-scott-usf-football-produce/5495522001/

"During our discretionary workouts in 2020, there were maybe one or two guys out there. This year, it was the entire team. The core of our team has bought in to our expectations, and our leadership is in a good place."

2 guys last year? Charlie Strong didn't want to be here and I think that rubbed off on his players

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

2 hours ago, bulloni said:

https://www.theledger.com/story/sports/2021/08/05/zier-now-time-scott-usf-football-produce/5495522001/

"During our discretionary workouts in 2020, there were maybe one or two guys out there. This year, it was the entire team. The core of our team has bought in to our expectations, and our leadership is in a good place."

2 guys last year? Charlie Strong didn't want to be here and I think that rubbed off on his players

Absolutely. The culture was toxic. Just take a look at some of the cryptic (and not so cryptic) tweet from Tyre McCants over the last couple of years.  

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

3 hours ago, bulloni said:

For sure...Strong inherited a solid program and it just got worse every year...last year it bottomed out. 

This year we start the rebound back. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,952
  • Days Won:  12

Jeff Scott has the best hair in college football. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,312
  • Days Won:  25

On 8/14/2021 at 9:01 AM, Bulls On Parade said:

Only say cause we saw flashes the offense could score last season and we should be improved at all positions.

Or maybe its the Calibull offseason koolaid talking. 

Speaking of Cali where is he? He made a mistake but is he welcome to come back?

Edited by Outlaw

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,013
  • Days Won:  38

On 8/14/2021 at 1:26 PM, Brad said:

There is no doubt that the start will be tough.  The rats will be jumping the ship all over again.  What really matters is how we respond as a team to that, how we learn from that stretch and the incremental improvement each week thereafter.  I hope the fans can keep their heads right, it would probably help the team advance.  

This is the key.  The leadership has to keep everyone cool and on the development path.  It's going to be frustrating at first.