• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why did you go to USF?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

5 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

...and some shirtless guys a few months later at a MBB game on TV that sold her.  

You're welcome.

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

The beer and the bitches 

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,765
  • Days Won:  3

Geography.

We relocated from Casablanca to Tampa - as the in-laws already owned a house here and we could live rent free. It was strictly a function of proximity. I got my AA from HCC then transferred over to USF. Had we landed anywhere else, proximity would have also been the determining factor in where I went to school. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  162

My folks moving to Tampa was the main reason I ended up at USF eventually. I started out at Illinois for a year.

Edited by MikeG

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,452
  • Days Won:  19

This question reminds me of the student-made parody film that was circulating when I started called Welcome to USF.

Narrator:  "How do I get accepted at USF?  Take the I-75 exit at Fowler.  You're accepted!"

I had applied and planned to go to Alabama.  My soon-to-be first ex-wife begged me not to go.   Without applying, my best friend from high school and I showed up at USF class registration with my transcripts.  And they replied something along the lines of: "If you can find some open classes, welcome aboard future donor."

As a further trip down memory lane, my buddy and I moved into an 8x22-foot travel trailer we parked in a mobile home park near Florida and Fletcher.  We split $45 a month in rent and about $75 a month in food and utilities.  In those days we were on the quarter system at USF and I believe I never paid more for tuition than I did for books.  From odd jobs I had saved the whopping sum of $7,000.00 as a college fund when I started.  I worked my way through school with jobs as a haberdasher and newspaper reporter and when I graduated my college fund was about $7,500.00.

Good times!

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

60 miles north of the house. Additionally, USF had 2 other campuses where I could pickup classes I needed to expedite the adventure/mission. 

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  14

Had some friends in St. Pete Beach.  Used to hang out on the Pinellas beaches.  Really liked the area.  Visited USF and saw the andros pool and there were about 100+ hot girls sunbathing.  It was a weekday.  It felt like a Saturday.  I became convinced that I could do my higher education here.  Great choice it turned out to be.  It's been fun watching USF develop over the years.

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,549
  • Days Won:  28

I actually went to UF. I graduated from North Miami. I never knew USF existed until best friend's sister and several friends went to USF to study there in 1996. I remember when the football team just started and a few friends who rode the bench in my highschool thought they had a chance to make the team. They didnt make the team. Then i saw the Auburn game and read a news story about USF having 14 Haitian players and started watching the games. I figured, that was the closest I'll ever get to seeing a "Haitian college football team" lol  I think I'm on my 7th or 8th year as a fan and love the journey and the school due 2 several people close 2 me that went there. Funny thing is that none of them watch college football. Even the guy that tried out.

• Upvote 1
  • ???? 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,881
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I actually went to UF. I graduated from North Miami. I never knew USF existed until best friend's sister and several friends went to USF to study there in 1996. I remember when the football team just started and a few friends who rode the bench in my highschool thought they had a chance to make the team. They didnt make the team. Then i saw the Auburn game and read a news story about USF having 14 Haitian players and started watching the games. I figured, that was the closest I'll ever get to seeing a "Haitian college football team" lol  I think I'm on my 7th or 8th year as a fan and love the journey and the school due 2 several people close 2 me that went there. Funny thing is that none of them watch college football. Even the guy that tried out.

A very unique story, not being Haitian and from Miami but going to UF and being a USF fan.  😀

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Born and raised in Tampa and decided early on I wanted to be a dentist so I figure I’d go to dental school at UF.  The question was where to do undergrad.  I applied and was accepted at USF and UF.  Decided to stay home for undergrad and save the folks some money.  Well, got accepted to dental school at UF and after about a year and a half I realized working on teeth wasn’t for me.  I was a huge Gator fan for the longest time until USF got a team.  I figured my diploma on the wall says USF not UF.  I was at the 2010 game in the swamp in the north end zone in god awful heat wearing the green and gold and will be in RayJay this year sweating my baguettes off rooting on our Bulls.  I still pull for UF just not when they’re playing USF in any sport.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1