• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Assess the current QB situation after the spring game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

McClain could win the starting job by the end of fall camp.  It could happen, seriously.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  424
  • Days Won:  1

46 minutes ago, DJBulls said:

Just like other posters said, it is to early to tell..but his throwing seems more developed as opposed to Flowers early on...the net of it is, this kid is pretty talented...

With college football being so QB driven its hard not to get excited with those kind of reviews!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

11 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Serviceable? I was hard on Marsh last year, but wow, we might as well call him "quarter-moon" b/c thats all he throws. Hands down the strongest arm on the team. I cant rule him out on "taking over". I would like to utilize all 4 QBs or at least 3 out of the 4. If Fortin starts and graduates, then we are left with Williams, Marsh and McClain. Truth be told Im happy with all 4. Williams is rusty to me. Im not writing him off yet. 

It will be an exciting fall camp for sure.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,561
  • Days Won:  423

12 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Serviceable? I was hard on Marsh last year, but wow, we might as well call him "quarter-moon" b/c thats all he throws. Hands down the strongest arm on the team. I cant rule him out on "taking over". I would like to utilize all 4 QBs or at least 3 out of the 4. If Fortin starts and graduates, then we are left with Williams, Marsh and McClain. Truth be told Im happy with all 4. Williams is rusty to me. Im not writing him off yet. 

Unless I'm mistaken, Cade's got two more years of eligibility so we could have all 4 in 2022 ......... but I can't see all of them staying. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  536
  • Days Won:  0

I think i have to agree with everyone on mcclain being our future. Kids looks legit and has all the tools. Explosive and a solid arm. Fortin has command of the offense and can win for us and will likely be the starter. Seems to have been the plan all along and not bringing him back in a wasted season but those two have me excited because we can have some success with these guys. 

again until our defense is all in one unit we have to see if we can stop anyone before we know we can take anything away from what we have been seeing.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,523
  • Days Won:  28

14 minutes ago, Mango028 said:

I think i have to agree with everyone on mcclain being our future. Kids looks legit and has all the tools. Explosive and a solid arm. Fortin has command of the offense and can win for us and will likely be the starter. Seems to have been the plan all along and not bringing him back in a wasted season but those two have me excited because we can have some success with these guys. 

again until our defense is all in one unit we have to see if we can stop anyone before we know we can take anything away from what we have been seeing.

Our defensive line are all grown men now. Most of them have been playing for 4-5 years on the college level. At this point lets just pray that they we hard in winter conditioning and that this new guy from Tennesse gets them bigger, stronger and faster. 

Edited by Gatorbull325

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,523
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Unless I'm mistaken, Cade's got two more years of eligibility so we could have all 4 in 2022 ......... but I can't see all of them staying. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

This extra year of eligibilty has me confused, but cool to having 2 years of Cade. I assume the rest goes -

Williams - 3 years 

Marsh - 4 years 

McClain - 5 years

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,360
  • Days Won:  25

2 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

This extra year of eligibilty has me confused, but cool to having 2 years of Cade. I assume the rest goes -

Williams - 3 years 

Marsh - 4 years 

McClain - 5 years

He was a sophomore last year and didn't lose a year. He should have soph,jr, senoir.

Edited by Outlaw

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

17 hours ago, Triple B said:

I'm putting it second to the Floyd/Eveld/White/Bench QB room ....

There was a current NFL QB in that room.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

13 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Our defensive line are all grown men now. Most of them have been playing for 4-5 years on the college level. At this point lets just pray that they we hard in winter conditioning and that this new guy from Tennesse gets them bigger, stronger and faster. 

Your right...we have some good age at this position we should have good strength here If they put in the time.

Just an avg defense would be a big improvement and if we could get that I think this team will look much improved.