• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Assess the current QB situation after the spring game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

I think Marsh was my biggest suprise. I think if he never bombed on the field last year people who be just as excited about him as they are for TM. He played PERFECT on Saturday, had the prettiest throws and also had a nice run for a touchdown. Im eating crow on this guy. I was hard on him last year. 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

We have a lot of good options at QB.  The QB room appears stacked.  At least I hope it is.

No wonder McCloud left.  

Edited by BullsFanInTX
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

8 hours ago, RagingBull said:

What I saw of McClain is that he ran the offense like QF as a junior/senior. He looked off a DB with a pump fake and hit the receiver over the top just the same as when QF  would shoulder pump fake to MVS and then hit him over the top on a hitch and go.
Now I know there’s no way he’s QF ready now but he had a much better command of the offense in the little action he had than Quinton flowers did as a freshman.

I agree, I was impressed how much he improved...from HS till now

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

10 hours ago, RagingBull said:

What I saw of McClain is that he ran the offense like QF as a junior/senior. He looked off a DB with a pump fake and hit the receiver over the top just the same as when QF  would shoulder pump fake to MVS and then hit him over the top on a hitch and go.
Now I know there’s no way he’s QF ready now but he had a much better command of the offense in the little action he had than Quinton flowers did as a freshman.

And he even bounced a few like Q occasionally did that some loved to honed in on rather than acknowledge the multitude of his more accurate throws ...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,007
  • Days Won:  38

On 3/29/2021 at 6:35 PM, puc86 said:

Who was he?

That's deep.  

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

9 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I think Marsh was my biggest suprise. I think if he never bombed on the field last year people who be just as excited about him as they are for TM. He played PERFECT on Saturday, had the prettiest throws and also had a nice run for a touchdown. Im eating crow on this guy. I was hard on him last year. 

That's great to hear...I wasnt impressed with him last year at all.

I wonder if William's regrets comming here and if one transfers I rather it be him than Marsh.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

10 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

He made one deep throw right on the money throwing off his back foot...I was shaking my head...that was pretty impressive 

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  2,512
  • Days Won:  3

27 minutes ago, DJBulls said:

He made one deep throw right on the money throwing off his back foot...I was shaking my head...that was pretty impressive 

I am telling you guys, Marsh was my pick from last year. If Cade goes down again, my number two would be Marsh, then Williams, then you burn McClain’s RS.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,007
  • Days Won:  38

This will be fun to watch play out, unlike last year which was absolute torture.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

On 3/30/2021 at 11:26 PM, RagingBull said:

I  don't think McClain is near ready.  But this I agree with.  For all Taggart may or may not have done right, playing QF in year one was a terrible decision.