• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Another fb player transferring out

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,253
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, Roaming Bull said:

At least 2 college athletes have died from covid. 1 was a baseball player from Colorado in the spring. The other was that oline men from California. Those are the only I know of so far. 

Might want to check on the olineman from California again that’s California University in PA and he died from a blood clot and his team had called the season and he was not involved in football in anyway while he died from not Covid. I am not as sure about the Colorado kid but I’m going to guess if he died from Covid it would have been after the season got called (given the timing of the schedule but it maybe possible).

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

Might want to check on the olineman from California again that’s California University in PA and he died from a blood clot and his team had called the season and he was not involved in football in anyway while he died from not Covid. I am not as sure about the Colorado kid but I’m going to guess if he died from Covid it would have been after the season got called (given the timing of the schedule but it maybe possible).

Oline guy died of covid. I didn’t follow the story closely but:

00virus-cfb-death-13-videoSixteenByNine3

Jamain Stephens was known as a big man on campus. His death...

The baseball guy caught it at home while on spring break. I guess covid can enlarge your heart. Who knew?

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Roaming Bull said:

Oline guy died of covid. I didn’t follow the story closely but:

00virus-cfb-death-13-videoSixteenByNine3

Jamain Stephens was known as a big man on campus. His death...

The baseball guy caught it at home while on spring break. I guess covid can enlarge your heart. Who knew?

It was retracted the very next day, it was a blood clot unrelated to Covid. 5 seconds worth of research will tell you that also it will explain that to you also it matters that none of the people were engaged in athletics when the argument is we have to shut down athletics to protect them from dying of Covid.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,881
  • Days Won:  67

8 minutes ago, puc86 said:

It was retracted the very next day, it was a blood clot unrelated to Covid. 5 seconds worth of research will tell you that also it will explain that to you also it matters that none of the people were engaged in athletics when the argument is we have to shut down athletics to protect them from dying of Covid.

Maybe nobody died because 118 games were cancelled preventing the outbreaks that would have resulted in mass casualties.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,613
  • Content Count:  74,618
  • Days Won:  424

11 hours ago, BrassBulls12 said:

is this something that can be disagreed on? 

Actually, in one of pucs shortest and more lucid posts, he answered that perfectly:

10 hours ago, puc86 said:

I find that anything is able to be disagreed with as long as you have disagreement in your heart and want to share it with the world.

You are free to believe what you want to believe, facts be damned ....

39 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Maybe nobody died because 118 games were cancelled preventing the outbreaks that would have resulted in mass casualties.

That’s probably it but that they were in a structured situation that has rules, testing and can easily cancel practice and games speaks to my argument that young people playing structured sports was not the high risk negligent affair some were claiming. The death rate for their age group is nominal and as no one can completely avoid risk having a place that has structure and testing should prove safer than running amuck at home.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

That’s probably it but that they were in a structured situation that has rules, testing and can easily cancel practice and games speaks to my argument that young people playing structured sports was not the high risk negligent affair some were claiming. The death rate for their age group is nominal and as no one can completely avoid risk having a place that has structure and testing should prove safer than running amuck at home.

You are preaching to the choir, there were rumors that over the past few months that Fauci has been reaching out to you on advice on how to handle the Rona.  Keep doing what you are doing, you are making a difference.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Friscobull said:

Maybe the actual data tells us the likelihood of dying for that age group is less then the flu...

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

57 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

You are preaching to the choir, there were rumors that over the past few months that Fauci has been reaching out to you on advice on how to handle the Rona.  Keep doing what you are doing, you are making a difference.

AhHa!  That explains why Fauci has had so many problems being correct in his statements..I thought I detected a familiar theme and ring to his statements...the thick plottens😷

1 hour ago, BulledOver said:

AhHa!  That explains why Fauci has had so many problems being correct in his statements..I thought I detected a familiar theme and ring to his statements...the thick plottens😷

Puc was also rumored to have coached him on his opening day pitch for the Nationals so not all his direction has actually panned out.Baseball Pitching GIF by Lenora Yerkes

• Haha 1