• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Another fb player transferring out

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

6 minutes ago, jchem1995 said:

Yikes I didn't know of his passing. 

https://www.kentucky.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/john-clay/article232262852.html

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

That’s not true at all I completely understand a lot of subjects that I do not understand how people enjoy them, I am sure if you think long and hard you can come up with some that you feel the same about. Baseball in and of itself is completely boring and the only reason anyone pretends otherwise is because of sentimental value, it is like going to a religious service and not even one where they handle snakes or do backflips in the aisle.

If you think this, you don't "get" the actual game

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,253
  • Days Won:  255

46 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

If you think this, you don't "get" the actual game

People mostly stand around or sit doing nothing while absolutely nothing happens besides a pitcher moving their head around, a batter adjusting, them taking turns moving off the mound and out of the box and people coming to visit the pitcher on the mound, what nuances of boring am I missing?

6 minutes ago, puc86 said:

People mostly stand around or sit doing nothing while absolutely nothing happens besides a pitcher moving their head around, a batter adjusting, them taking turns moving off the mound and out of the box and people coming to visit the pitcher on the mound, what nuances of boring am I missing?

This isn't true, which again shows you really don't "get" the game

3 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

This is what I observe, maybe their movements are more nuanced but to the naked eye they appear to be rather sloth like.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,695
  • Days Won:  108

12 minutes ago, puc86 said:

4 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

I agree with chapel on this one.  There is so much thinking on every pitch, especially with men on base. I love that part of it.  The time between pitches and stepping out of the box needs to be addressed. As a kid, games averaged around 2:20.  Now it seems like 4 hours.  And the last few years there isn't as much base stealing and starting runners as there was.  But the game itself is intriguing and thoughtful.  

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

6 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I agree with chapel on this one.  There is so much thinking on every pitch, especially with men on base. I love that part of it.  The time between pitches and stepping out of the box needs to be addressed. As a kid, games averaged around 2:20.  Now it seems like 4 hours.  And the last few years there isn't as much base stealing and starting runners as there was.  But the game itself is intriguing and thoughtful.  

I once read 4.5 pages in a book by Tony La Russa about whether or not he should have thrown a pick off in a certain count and how by simply throwing it could have affected the entire game. It was mind blowing.  

Bomber ball is ruining the games enjoyability.  

Edited by BrassBulls12
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,613
  • Content Count:  74,618
  • Days Won:  424

21 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

if you've got kids, you'll recognize that this is like ******* up a rope ...... if you don't have kids, this what you have to look forward to.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

I once read 4.5 pages in a book by Tony La Russa about whether or not he should have thrown a pick off in a certain count and how by simply throwing it could have affected the entire game. It was mind blowing.  

Bomber ball is ruining the games enjoyability.  

Absolutely and today's kids' development.  Everybody thinks they should hit "nukes" like Bryce Harper or Aaron Judge or Giancarlo Stanton ..... and of course the parents all think their kid is the next Mike Trout.  

I'm dealing with it with my own son who is really a good ballplayer and I constantly battle trying to hit "bombs" and throwing his fastball through a brick wall 

4 minutes ago, Triple B said:

if you've got kids, you'll recognize that this is like ******* up a rope ...... if you don't have kids, this what you have to look forward to.

Are you refering to talking with puc?  If so, then yes I have two teenagers and you are correct

Edited by chapelbull

1 minute ago, chapelbull said:

Absolutely and today's kids' development.  Everybody thinks they should hit "nukes" like Bryce Harper or Aaron Judge or Giancarlo Stanton ..... and of course the parents all think their kid is the next Mike Trout

Are you refering to talking with puc?  If so, then yes I have two teenagers and you are correct

I actually have a 16 year old