• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I wonder if UCF game gets canceled...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,875
  • Days Won:  67

2 hours ago, Nick Carroll said:

I do not understand the mindset of "Don't play because we will lose." That reminds me of the kids growing up that would be losing and they grab their ball and go home. Man up and play the game. If you think this team can do with out extra game time experience your are sadly mistaken. Also if Marshall and field a football and play a season after losing their entire team to a plane crash we can do the same after CCS. I have 8 tickets for Fridays game and will be there in my green and gold. 

If we sit a bunch of players due to overly conservative Rona protocols while the dicks from the east play by a different set of rules, then I say **** can it.  I am not taking my ball and going home, I am saying don’t leave the house in the first place.  You have no business playing, you are short handed, little talent and poorly prepared and coached, don’t embarrass yourself and the fans any further.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,462
  • Days Won:  25

31 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

Do we have a clear understanding of how many players are in the Covid protocol? If it is a significant number, I would support rescheduling the game for December 12. The extra practice and ability to have more players dressed will be beneficial. There is no rush to play this game at this point unless USF wants to be done with the season and start saving as much as they can in expenses. 

7 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

If we sit a bunch of players due to overly conservative Rona protocols while the dicks from the east play by a different set of rules, then I say **** can it.  I am not taking my ball and going home, I am saying don’t leave the house in the first place.  You have no business playing, you are short handed, little talent and poorly prepared and coached, don’t embarrass yourself and the fans any further.

@BullyPulpit there's no guarantee that at any point this year we won't have the same, or more/fewer, covid cases than now.

@Friscobull What's overly conservative? Apparently what we're doing now isn't working. Unless of course you're saying "Screw it! If a few of you get sick, so what?" Well, except for the ones that might die. I mean, they should've known better.

3 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

"Screw it! If a few of you get sick, so what?" Well, except for the ones that might die. I mean, they should've known better.

No FBS player has died from Covid, stop being so melodramatic. 

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,462
  • Days Won:  25

2 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

No FBS player has died from Covid, stop being so melodramatic. 

Didn't say any has. That doesn't mean they can't.

6 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Didn't say any has. That doesn't mean they can't.

Yes they can however unlikely.  I just want to see a competitive game, maybe we will be able to in a couple years.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,076
  • Days Won:  14

32 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Right.  If they are playing by a different set of rules, then this is bogus.  I mean we already know that the UCF campus in general has less covidiocy rules than USF does...does this also apply to football?  Are these rules NCAA (or AAC) rules that everyone must follow exactly, or are schools at liberty to have more or less restrictions?  That's the question.  If they can play everybody who is not showing symptoms and we have to sit anyone who has been within 25 feet of someone who knows someone who's brother may have been in contact with someone who may have sneezed in the last 14 days...well, that's just not a fair game.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  155

I'm sort of shocked this game is still being played.

What does it provide either team? It isn't as if USF needs to play at this point.

As for what UCF does-- short of exposing our athletes to COVID, I will never give a single fork about them.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

If I find out like a big numbers of our players aren't available I'll be pissed at Scott. 

There is no real need for this pointless game especially if we will be short starters and depth while UCF has all hands on deck to play. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, Bulls On Parade said:

If I find out like a big numbers of our players aren't available I'll be pissed at Scott. 

There is no real need for this pointless game especially if we will be short starters and depth while UCF has all hands on deck to play. 

Not all players on deck, several players have opted out for surgery and to get ready for the draft. 

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,256
  • Days Won:  1

Maybe we pull a fsu and call it off just before kickoff