• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Bowl News

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  1,341
  • Days Won:  2

Well with  at least one victory we are a shoe in for a bowl 🤔

Guest Jonesy Bull
8 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I wouldn’t care...I’ll take extra practices or an extra game anyway we can. 

Even at 0-11!  I have to disagree.

I dont even think .500 teams should get in.  At least have a winning record to earn a reward.

Its like last place little leaque teams.  Problem with youth sports.  Everybody gets a trophy.  What is that suppose to teach kids.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,632
  • Days Won:  6

Well, the PAC12 and the MW are back now.  With all teams bowl eligible, would a bowl with options take a 2 or 3 win P5 team over a 5 or 6 win G4?  That would suck.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

52 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

I dont even think .500 teams should get in.  At least have a winning record to earn a reward.

Its like last place little leaque teams.  Problem with youth sports.  Everybody gets a trophy.  What is that suppose to teach kids.

It’s not like it’s the NFL playoffs. No one gives two turds and the only people watching are from the two schools. Kids aren’t being taught lessons for what is nothing more than a glorified exhibition game. We are talking the Boca Bowl not the Rose Bowl. Further, I could care less about lessons or what people think as long as they are getting more time to get better. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,853
  • Days Won:  67

30 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

It’s not like it’s the NFL playoffs. No one gives two turds and the only people watching are from the two schools. Kids aren’t being taught lessons for what is nothing more than a glorified exhibition game. We are talking the Boca Bowl not the Rose Bowl. Further, I could care less about lessons or what people think as long as they are getting more time to get better. 

Well said, this year is a wash due to the virus and us being in a complete rebuild.  With The PAC 10 and Big 10 playing now it may be a moot point anyways.  I would forget about a bowl and see if CJS can make us mildly competitive against Cincy and if we can settle in eventually on a QB.  

Guest Jonesy Bull
40 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I get your point.  We'll just agree to disagree.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

2 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

There won't be enough teams at .500 to be eligible.  There are teams that aren't playing, and other teams that will shut down before the bowls.  As it is, normally there are barely enough .500 teams to fill all the bowls.  This year there would certainly not be enough teams.  This at least allows the bowl games to be on TV, get some $$$ and exposure whether or not some number of fans can attend and help the local economy.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

11 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Next we get a ranked Cincy......where is our next win?  Not many Citadels left on the table.

ECU then after that I have no idea.   

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Soooooo............... We will be back at Ray Jay for the Wheat Farmers and 4F Bowl?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,439
  • Days Won:  19

Even with COVID-19 restrictions and this new NCAA ruling I don't see how it could be much worse than our last bowl outing at the Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl.

jeremy davies lawnmower GIF

• Haha 1