• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Bowl News

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

7 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

At my age, I don't have to prove anything to anyone.

Well when you make unfounded allegations occasionally some may ask if the bs you are calling is being pulled simply from your own ass

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, brybull1970 said:

I think if you are really a USF fan you'd claim a national championship if awarded in the same manner as UCF obtained theirs. So either you aren't a USF fan or again I call bs.

Delusion isn’t a necessary requirement of being a USF fan, that many USF fans reject the absurd P6 branding of the AAC does not speak well to your premise that all USF fans must embrace marketing gimmicks that make them sound detached from reality.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,853
  • Days Won:  67

Clearly you aren't familiar with my work. I paint in the colors of Mike Aresco criticism, amongst a few others.

I think if USF had run the table, beat 3 P5 teams convincingly including beating the team that took down 2 of that season's college football playoff participants AND, most importantly, had been awarded a National Championship by one independent system that recognizes a champion, every USF fan would would gladly accept that gift.

But if you would turn your nose up to that - then you will never be happy with ANY success USF football has. Don't let your hatred of UCF cloud your objectivity.

Claiming a National Championship in that manner is embarrassing and makes you look pathetic.  There is also no such thing as a P6, if there was than we would be involved in the national discussion.  I agree that they had a great year but their response made them a laughingstock, would have been better suited to shut up and let others make their case.  I really don’t even hate them that much anymore, they are much better and have come to accept it, we are not good enough to be worried about other teams, we are not even competitive with them anymore so the anger has diminished to apathy.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  422

53 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

At my age, I don't have to prove anything to anyone.

Since you're pretty good about backing up your assertions with links, even though usually ignoring data that doesn't follow your script, the fact that you can't supply a source this time speaks volumes ....

19 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

had been awarded a National Championship by one independent system that recognizes a champion,

The only independent system that awarded them a national championship was the UCFAA ....

Well if you want a source to prove that I am calling bs on puc, just look earlier in the thread. I mean, how hard is that Trip?

You mean where you asked him to find a source that says they didn't win a national championship ..... Shirley, you're not this clueless and are just engaging in a bit of weekend trolling.

4 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Sounds a lot like jealousy more than anything else.

You have a short attention span, the rest of my post stated they are way better than us, we suck, they had a great year etc... not really jealous because we are nowhere near  accomplishing a year like that, it would like me being jealous of not making an NFL roster when I never played in college. 

5 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

The Colley Matrix awarded UCF a national championship in 2017, which the NCAA recognized.

You keep using that term .... I don't think you actually understand what it means.

3 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

What are you babbling about??? He said "not technically" but called it bogus. I love you Trip, but I think you might be losing it.

Puc didn't say that, I did. Apparently I'm not the one losing it ....

1 minute ago, brybull1970 said:

I actually agreed with the rest of your post, but just didn't feel the need to comment on it. I just think that calling their National Championship an embarassment coming from a USF fan is so obviously sour grapes.

But no, I agree with you on the P6 stuff. Its like a politician - you hope if you spout the lie enough that half of the people will believe it.

I think them calling themselves National Champions was the embarrassment, they had a terrific year and perfect season and just feel they would have been better suited to not push this narrative as aggressively as they did, and that is simply my opinion with nothing to do with my dislike for c.