• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Bowl News

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

9 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

I love you Trip. You are the best. 

You remind me of being at Thanksgiving when my grandfather got old and started spouting of the most unintelligible things, and when he got up to get more mashed potatoes in the kitchen we'd all look at each other as say "Who the hell is watching grandpa? Is he eating his own crap?"

You crack me up.

Have to agree, I am the best ....... but still waiting for that link where the ncaa declared them national champions, which is not equivalent to just being ranked #1 in a poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,853
  • Days Won:  67

4 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

They only pushed it because third tier rating system had them at the top AND the NCAA recognized it. They may have felt all along that they were national champions but they got validation from where it counts.

The Colley Matrix also has ND as national champions in 2012 even though they got smoked in the championship game by Alabama.  Finding some irrelevant computer poll to support your position is pretty weak.

18 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

You and puc are one in the same.

I'm not sure who should be more offended ....

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,853
  • Days Won:  67

3 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

You really are the best, and I not being sarcastic. We can disagree alot but I LOVE your blind loyalty to an athletic department that has done nothing but let us down. You're devotion is second to only that of a suicide bomber.

Here's a couple links. If those don't work for you let me know (or if this is just fake news let me know).

https://www.bradenton.com/sports/article217396010.html#:~:text=The Knights are now in,formerly known as Division I-A.

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/football_records/2018/FBS.pdf  Page 115

Even if the NCAA recognizes it?

The NCAA recognizes over 40 polls, the credibility of this one is questionable however I am sure ND also has banners printed up for their faux 2012 NCAA Championship because the Colley Matrix says so.

2 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Here is another one Trip:

os-sp-ucf-ncaa-record-book-national-cham

UCF was officially listed among national champions in the 2018 NCAA record book posted online this week.

We've had this delusional battle already with Kanigits on the AAC Board ... Here;s the link to what you posted. http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/football_records/2018/FBS.pdf, What you circled was the Final National Poll Leaders, NOT national champions. Reading further on what YOU posted:

+Beginning in 2014, the College Football Playoff was used to determine national champions in FBS. All “major selectors” not other-wise listed also selected the CFP champion as its higest ranked team in those seasons. In years where a “major selector” had a team other than the CFP champion as highest ranked team in its final poll that team is listed below the CFP Champion

Pretty cut and dried. They were no more than the highest ranked team in questionable major selector's final poll ....... which is still enviable but they were not a recognized national champion.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

35 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Now that made me laugh. Just my way of deflecting that I made a mistake - not in content of course.

The one little fact that you are missing in your use of the Colley index as evidence that USF fans would embrace it as gospel if it were on our side is that the year CCS got off to a 7-0 start it had us in the top 10 and absolutely no one embraced it and pretty much everyone recognized it as the novelty that it is.

Just now, brybull1970 said:

Stawman argument.

How exactly is using a second example on how we have not embraced idiocy especially when it’s the exact same metric you are saying we would embrace a straw man argument? And even if it is made of straw that’s a much better material than your your thin air argument. You thought CCS should be fired at the same time he was top 10 in the metric you think deserves banners and parades.

1 minute ago, brybull1970 said:

I just explained it to you. Try reading past the first two words.

Stawman argument is not an explanation in anyway shape or form and when people have to spell out that entire argument is by naming logical fallacies it typically means they have no actual position that they can defend. There is an ad hominem for you.

34 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

I didn't circle anything. That's just the new formatting that pops up when you post a link - that circling came with it. I get your point, but apparently news outlets don't see it the same way.

Doesn't really matter how a news outlet sees something. It's readily apparent to anyone with a modicum of intelligence that the NCAA, from their own publication, did not classify them as national champions or even co-champions ...

2 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Let's just say we agree to disagree then. You can thumb your nose whenever we win a national championship and I'll embrace it.

An actual national championship? I think we would all embrace that. Paper champions? You maybe the only person at your parade.