• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Bowl News

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

6 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

At the rate the athletic department is running off fans, I may be the only fan left to have that choice.

I’m sure there will be dozens of us maybe even hundreds 

• Haha 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, brybull1970 said:

It makes you wonder if at some point we get kicked out of the conference like the Big East did to Temple back in the day.

Puc, what are your thoughts on going independent at the FCS level?

I at least would like our conference mates better but I would prefer to brave it alone in the FBS

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  422

25 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

I understand your point. Its still just sounds like the jealousy of a fan who refuses to acknowledge that UCF has a vastly superior athletic department and leadership group, but would rather denigrate their accomplishments in a desperate attempt to deny how far the gap between the two schools actually is.

Talk about straw man arguments. I've never once denigrated their actual accomplishments ....... I've got to run along now, bry, but it's been fun playing along with your extensive trolling today. Maybe you and Mizzou should start a podcast.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,439
  • Days Won:  19

21 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

Thanks Trip. As a always you leave me invigerated!

Don't know what this means but it sounds nasty.

Guest Jonesy Bull
22 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

We can't survive as an independent in FBS. Now, I think if we put all of our other sports in the A-SUN, and go football independent in FCS would could enjoy sustained success there (and wouldn't need to kill ourselves trying to drive more revenue), especially when you consider FCS has a 24-team playoff.

Why in the world would we want to go backwards?  Isnt there a thousand page thread page about us trying to move up?

Guest Jonesy Bull
7 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

That thread was started when we actually had a football program on the rise. Going back to FCS may give the program the opportunity to align expectations to resources and demand, and for us to go back to era that quite honestly we skipped right over.

The program grew so fast so quick it we short-circuited organic, sustainable growth. I know its not a popular suggestion, and I wish there was a different path forward, but there comes a point where we have to admit who we are.

I hear ya.  We have a lot of work to do.  This IPF is critical for our "redevelopment" imo along with the success or non-success of our current coaching.  I think we are still a middle of the road AAC level program.  I refuse to believe that we have slidden so far down to be considered an A-Sun/ independent level program. I think you were saying that in gest.  But maybe not.

I agree though that these next 2-3 years are critical to which path we will be taking overall.