• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Bowl News

Guest Jonesy Bull
1 hour ago, Who'sYourData? said:

There won't be enough teams at .500 to be eligible.  There are teams that aren't playing, and other teams that will shut down before the bowls.  As it is, normally there are barely enough .500 teams to fill all the bowls.  This year there would certainly not be enough teams.  This at least allows the bowl games to be on TV, get some $$$ and exposure whether or not some number of fans can attend and help the local economy.

Well i get that.  So shut down half the bowls this year.  Im sorry but there are millions of people suffering financially so i dont feel sorry for a few bowls losing money.  ts 2020 there are no rules anymore.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2,330
  • Content Count:  21,288
  • Days Won:  10

27 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Well i get that.  So shut down half the bowls this year.  Im sorry but there are millions of people suffering financially so i dont feel sorry for a few bowls losing money.  ts 2020 there are no rules anymore.

Disagree, America needs good news.  Stop the shutdowns.

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  8

2 hours ago, SilverBull said:

Even with COVID-19 restrictions and this new NCAA ruling I don't see how it could be much worse than our last bowl outing at the Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl.

jeremy davies lawnmower GIF

NOTHING could ever surpass the Bad Boys Mower game against Marshall

Like many on this board, I got my tickets for free and I still feel like I deserve a refund

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

2 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

I don't disagree, I just don't expect it to happen.  

Guest Jonesy Bull
2 hours ago, Rizman said:

Disagree, America needs good news.  Stop the shutdowns.

Thats not what Im saying.  Im with you on reopening the businesses.  We need to move forward.

My argument is dont let crap teams play and be rewarded for a bowl game when they dont deserve it.  If the TV ratings and bowls have to suffer for one year then so be it.  There are tons of businesses that have had to suffer...why should TV be exempted.  They already have more money than God.  Besides teams that suck shouldnt get a bowl game.  Am I so off base here?

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1 minute ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Thats not what Im saying.  Im with you on reopening the businesses.  We need to move forward.

My argument is dont let crap teams play and be rewarded for a bowl game when they dont deserve it.  If the TV ratings and bowls have to suffer for one year then so be it.  There are tons of businesses that have had to suffer...why should TV be exempted.  They already have more money than God.  Besides teams that suck shouldnt get a bowl game.  Am I so off base here?

If the "crap" teams don't get to play and are needed to fill the bowl spots, then the bowls don't happen so essentially you are "shutting" them down and effecting the local economies.   You can take whatever stance you want, but you can't take both.

And sucky teams have been getting bowl bids for years, nothing new there

Guest Jonesy Bull
1 minute ago, chapelbull said:

If the "crap" teams don't get to play and are needed to fill the bowl spots, then the bowls don't happen so essentially you are "shutting" them down and effecting the local economies.   You can take whatever stance you want, but you can't take both.

And sucky teams have been getting bowl bids for years, nothing new there

Im not playing both sides.  I think my stance is pretty clear.  I agree that the economy needs to be revitalized and open up steadily in a smart safe manner.  Im with you there.

My argument about 0-11 teams getting a bowl berth is a completely seperate argument.  Its about the integrity of the game.  And i agree that average 6-6 teams dont deserve an invite either.

Anyway whatever happens happens.  This is just my opinion.  Im not saying that other opinions dont have merit.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  422

16 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I wouldn’t care...I’ll take extra practices or an extra game anyway we can. 

This all day long .....

Guest Jonesy Bull
1 hour ago, Triple B said:

This all day long .....

Ok so no reward or consequence for winning and losing.  As long as it benefits USF.  Is that what we have become...UGH!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  422

17 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Ok so no reward or consequence for winning and losing.  As long as it benefits USF.  Is that what we have become...UGH!

You do realize this year is basically one big cluster**** where we'll be "lucky" if we play 8 games. With a new coach, 2 new systems, the players need every rep they can get to get ready for next year  ........ throw in trying to figure out who the hell on the current roster may be able somewhat effectively play qb in 2021.