• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Not even mad... a thread for the positive folks out there

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

1 hour ago, hm101 said:

Not even mad... a thread for the positive folks out there

Hm101 started this as a ***** free thread. Plenty of other threads for ******** on here. Please utilize one of them.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,919
  • Days Won:  67

4 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Not even mad = apathy, which is what the entire Tampa Bay region has felt about USF football for years.

I never really got excited or disappointed, if you are not competitive than it is hard to get too high or too low.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,722
  • Days Won:  6

I am still confident that Jeff Scott is the right man for the job, and on the bright side this lopsided loss pretty much assures he is not a one-season-and-bolt-for the P5 coach.  We will get a second year out of him.  If we upset UF at home next season, then time to worry.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

Agree with the OP.  This was a top 10 team even with the Big 10 in the mix.  What would we have expected playing Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, etc?  I will remain positive with the hope of being 3-3 after the next 4 games.  That would show me progress during the first half of this crazy season.

GO BULLS!

Guest Jonesy Bull
11 hours ago, Friscobull said:

End of the day no one cares, we got smoked, hope we get some cancellations so this year has an aberration 

Regardless of outcomes, we need as many game reps as possible.  Pretty hard to get better and get much needed experience with cancellations.

Back to topic.  Mad - No.  Very Disappointed - Yes.  We were outclassed in all aspects.  I thought we would lose but have much better compete level.  Defense especially worrisome.  Looked to be a strength in Game 1.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Regardless of outcomes, we need as many game reps as possible.  Pretty hard to get better and get much needed experience with cancellations.

Back to topic.  Mad - No.  Very Disappointed - Yes.  We were outclassed in all aspects.  I thought we would lose but have much better compete level.  Defense especially worrisome.  Looked to be a strength in Game 1.

We were without two starters at LB most of the game and ND is way better than rest of teams we face.  I think our defense while not great can be ok in this conference. 

More worried about qb.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  740
  • Days Won:  0

The team can literally only get better from where they were yesterday. There’s nowhere to go but up. Just gotta make that climb. We gotta “Free Solo” it.

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,183
  • Days Won:  56

The outcome was expected, although still disappointing. But I absolutely knew what was coming when I saw them list ND’s defensive starters on the screen and there were EIGHT seniors. I’m guessing the offense was probably similar. You don’t line up against a veteran team like that and do much when you have what we have, a new coaching staff, and limited practice time. EVERY card was stacked against us.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,647
  • Days Won:  25

Lets Hope Fortin or Marsh can be our QB. It isn't looking like Johnson or McCloud can be that guy. The defense looked rough, but we are lot smaller and not as strong as them. Their OLINE pushed us around. Strong preached for three seasons of getting bigger and stronger, but he left us with an empty cupboard. CJS recruited OLINE heavily and lets hope we build these boys up.   There is lots of work to do, but I am still  sticking to my prediction that a .500 would be over achieving.