• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Gap Between USF and the Orlando School

Guest Jonesy Bull
17 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

Its not that it is so much of a surprise, but it just gets old going through the "total rebuild" and " empty cupboard" talk every three years.  And in between the same rhetoric, we still under perform.  Just tired and frustrated.   

Dude we are all fustrated especialy after the abuse we took yesterday but this guy is not CCs.  There is s light at the at the tunnel. I truly believe that.

Again I ask the question- how long is the fanbase willimg to wait?  Based on this thread.  I think I have my anwer.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

20 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

Its not that it is so much of a surprise, but it just gets old going through the "total rebuild" and " empty cupboard" talk every three years.  And in between the same rhetoric, we still under perform.  Just tired and frustrated.   

It’s because we let the coaches and their coordinators pick our direction we need to pick a direction and then hire for it every time even if the coach leaves after a year or stays for five. We have created the culture and excuse of implementing new systems on average every other year and we need to pick a course and stick to it no matter who leaves or is available. We have been a ship without a rudder for over a decade and it needs to stop and we need to create our own continuity.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,023
  • Days Won:  38

51 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

This gap in will not last forever with CJS in charge.  Jmho.

I think so as well.  

Guest Jonesy Bull
26 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I am with you there my friend. Moving on to next week (hopefully we have a game). 

What is the status? I havent read all the thresds...i remeber seeing FAU is cancelled.  Covid protocol?

Guest Jonesy Bull
25 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Good point and definitely not obsessed anymore with them, we are not even competitive so I simply ignore them, if we were better than maybe I would care.

Well there was a time we beat them first 4 games ever played and had a winless sesson minutes before their sucess.

These can chand quickly at our level. And usually do.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

46 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

What is the status? I havent read all the thresds...i remeber seeing FAU is cancelled.  Covid protocol?

Don’t know yet...but I just created thread with other options 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

53 minutes ago, puc86 said:

It’s because we let the coaches and their coordinators pick our direction we need to pick a direction and then hire for it every time even if the coach leaves after a year or stays for five. We have created the culture and excuse of implementing new systems on average every other year and we need to pick a course and stick to it no matter who leaves or is available. We have been a ship without a rudder for over a decade and it needs to stop and we need to create our own continuity.

This times 3000.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

56 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Honestly, what does that even mean? Examples?

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

Ya, even if CCS had implemented a winning system it did not appeal to the fans. He should have been told that early on.

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,430
  • Days Won:  3

56 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Honestly, what does that even mean? Examples?

UCF

Hires Scott Frost - implements incredibly quick and speedy no huddle offense to great success. He leaves, they hire Josh Heupel who runs an incredibly similar system and thus no major change allows for them to maintain their success.

As opposed to USF - hires CWT who EVENTUALLY implements a fast RPO system to success at the end. He leaves and then USF TOTALLY screws up hiring CSS whose first words before coaching his first game are “the offense is too fast.” Totally screws everything up instead of just maintaining what was working for Taggart ala Heupel-Frost and fails miserably. Therefore creating a whole new situation for yet another rebuild to occur when he couldve just kept TJ Weist as OC or something.

• Upvote 3