• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Gap Between USF and the Orlando School

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

19 hours ago, FazaUSF said:

Absolutely. Mark Harlan was a pretty face out on a date with us, shook our hand with one hand while texting his next date with the other. CCS was a gigantic failure of a hire. I will admit I was initially supportive of that hire, but also then one of the quickest to call myself wrong in CCS' first year.

Same. Looked good on paper especially with UT subsidizing the salary.

Wow, to think it may have been our worst hire.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

34 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Strategy and analysis.

Would not hurt you to pick up some experience in implementation.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

8 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

I agree it looked like a good deal and hire, but nobody thought Strong would go into semi-retirement as soon as he got here.

First press conference raised the red flag but it was too late then. If he'd said that in the interview then hiring him was a fireable offense. It's clear he thought the team itself could win the AAC without him doing too much work and take him back to the P5 with his conference championship. He messed it up, he got paid, and we pay for it.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,853
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I get that but I for one will be shocked if we beat them. We just don’t have the talent yet. 

We have no chance, I am rooting for the Rona to bail us out, It is our only hope.  Hopefully it can spread like wildfire through their team or ours prior to the game.

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,020
  • Days Won:  38

46 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

this should illustrate the investment UCF has made into its athletic department

I've admired their going for it while we do infinite feasibility studies and studies of studies.

• Haha 1

Guest Jonesy Bull
6 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

Probably the concern is that our house to clean is a hoarder house with rat feces.

A smelly pile of poop yesterday.  No doubt.  We all new this year would be a total rebuild.  People seem shocked.  

Let the season play out. We were outclassed talent wise this game.  Is what it is..over-reaction Sunday.

Guest Jonesy Bull
4 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I get that but I for one will be shocked if we beat them. We just don’t have the talent yet. 

You probably are right.

Im sure you and most people preseason predictions had us losing to them this year anyway.  Everybody is obsessed.  You will be much happier forgetting them till game week and look for week to week improvement and heading in right direction.

Could we really have expected more this year even before Covid and limited prep for a brand new team

This gap in will not last forever with CJS in charge.  Jmho.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

37 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

We all new this year would be a total rebuild.  People seem shocked. 

Its not that it is so much of a surprise, but it just gets old going through the "total rebuild" and " empty cupboard" talk every three years.  And in between the same rhetoric, we still under perform.  Just tired and frustrated.   

Edited by ArmyBull

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

27 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

You probably are right.

Im sure you and most people preseason predictions had us losing to them this year anyway.  Everybody is obsessed.  You will be much happier forgetting them till game week and look for week to week improvement and heading in right direction.

Could we really have expected more this year even before Covid and limited prep for a brand new team

I am with you there my friend. Moving on to next week (hopefully we have a game). 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,853
  • Days Won:  67

32 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

You probably are right.

Good point and definitely not obsessed anymore with them, we are not even competitive so I simply ignore them, if we were better than maybe I would care.