• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Just now, chapelbull said:

They transferred here to play.  I'd assume for Johnson to better prepare for the next level and Fortin to not hold a clipboard.   Nothing may be "decided", but I'm sure CJS has an idea of what the depth chart looks like and what he expects it to look like.  If he doesn't, then we may want to start looking for another head coach

An idea? Ok, yes he probably does but I hope he lets them play it out equally (with whatever his timeline is...1 week?). Watching film is one thing but let’s let them knock heads or face a little pressure first.

Guest Jonesy Bull
59 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Of course not, but my point was they do it better than anyone in the conference. They had 9 players last year who started and came from the portal.  Their QB is a stud.

OK Ill agree.  But they have only been good for like 1 year.  Is that sustainable with that concept?  

I don't think thats the way to build a consistenly good program.  You might get lucky a year or two, but not all the time.   I still think you build it through great recruiting and fill the gaps with portals as needed.  Kind of like NFL drafting great players and filling in with free agents as needed.

• Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,098
  • Days Won:  56

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

An idea? Ok, yes he probably does but I hope he lets them play it out equally (with whatever his timeline is...1 week?). Watching film is one thing but let’s let them knock heads or face a little pressure first.

They're going to face more pressure in camp than they did on the actual field?   There's things he will be looking for, but I'd say he's got a pretty good idea at who he expects to start week 1

Guest Jonesy Bull
1 minute ago, Dave_Glaser said:

All Customer Service agents are busy, there will be at least a 30 minute wait time!

Please press 1 to Hold, or 2 for a Call Back.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

OK Ill agree.  But they have only been good for like 1 year.  Is that sustainable with that concept?  

I don't think thats the way to build a consistenly good program.  You might get lucky a year or two, but not all the time.   I still think you build it through great recruiting and fill the gaps with portals as needed.  Kind of like NFL drafting great players and filling in with free agents as needed.

I totally agree...living off the portal is like living off Juco players...maybe even worse. But that being said, I like what Scott is doing using it for areas we have the biggest weakness. SMU has upticked their recruiting according to 24/7. 

3 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

They're going to face more pressure in camp than they did on the actual field?   There's things he will be looking for, but I'd say he's got a pretty good idea at who he expects to start week 1

I would rather see the pressure with our weak line and suspect running game.  What they did last year may not be comparable. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

Guest Jonesy Bull
3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I totally agree...living off the portal is like living off Juco players...maybe even worse. But that being said, I like what Scott is doing using it for areas we have the biggest weakness. SMU has upticked their recruiting according to 24/7. 

I would rather see the pressure with our weak line and suspect running game.  What they did last year may not be comparable. 

Your right I think, that at this time in our development with Scott, that the Portal is a great tool for what we need.  I totally am with you on that point.

• Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,405
  • Days Won:  5

I like McCloud but think he is the third string QB

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,312
  • Days Won:  25

2 minutes ago, bcgruber said:

I like McCloud but think he is the third string QB

I think he is going to transfer out with the QBs coming in and go play a lower level.

• Upvote 2

Guest Jonesy Bull
6 minutes ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

I think he is going to transfer out with the QBs coming in and go play a lower level.

Why would you think that?  You mean later if he doesn't make it in the top 2 or 3 of the depth chart?

Well I think are way wrong bro, Tampa Plant boys don't give up that easy.....I'm a South Tampa Plant guy, we are thick as thieves and like the Mafia.....don't under-estimate my boy.