• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

11 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Its kind of hard to display arm strength when you coach insists on calling the stand in the pocket until you murdered play over and over again.

Good point and which is why I would like to see him at least get a hard look at this preseason. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

I thought CKB developed a great game plan and put our team in a position to be successful, we simply failed to execute, hence MCCloud got hurt but was not murdered even once.

Usually I can see where you are coming from on most things but if you are suggesting that designing a system around having a great line even when you should be painfully aware that you barely have a functioning one is a great plan...

67e719c09a79d6a0674e7ad599b0fcee90532dcf5195687f82ded0641a8a09dd.jpg.c1de7fd8b7a933eb4df3ffbb60b5fd3a.jpg

Edited by Brad
edited picture placement

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  12,255
  • Days Won:  25

Fortin's arm is  a lot better than McClouds. His stats at NC are solid which is better competition than our conference . The kid he lost out to is a straight stud. He transferred here to play, not hold the clipboard long term.  Noah Johnson probably gets the nod because of his experience and athletic ability for now and it is his job to lose. Noah thought was playing at a level  lower than AAC.  I think Fortin will have the job for good by the end of the season. Watch the tape against college talent. His arm is beyond anything we have seen from McCloud.

Edited by TheGreatOutlaw

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,845
  • Days Won:  67

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Usually I can see where you are coming from on most things but if you are suggesting that designing a system around having a great line even when you should be painfully aware that you barely have a functioning one is a great plan...67e719c09a79d6a0674e7ad599b0fcee90532dcf5195687f82ded0641a8a09dd.jpg.c1de7fd8b7a933eb4df3ffbb60b5fd3a.jpg

It was obviously in jest, CKB was the epitome of a pile of steaming crap.  

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, Friscobull said:

It was obviously in jest, CKB was the epitome of a pile of steaming crap.  

All my faith in humanity has now been restored 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,845
  • Days Won:  67

8 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Yeah, as I said earlier, I probably should not have used the words “plenty” of action. More like “some” action. 

So you admit you were wrong. 😀.  I will admit McCloud had no chance to be successful under the prior regime as well.  I don’t think he has the skill set, but has the intangibles, he is a gamer so maybe he surprises us.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 minute ago, Friscobull said:

So you admit you were wrong. 😀.  I will admit McCloud had no chance to be successful under the prior regime as well.  I don’t think he has the skill set, but has the intangibles, he is a gamer so maybe he surprises us.

One thing is for sure the new transfer players are not going to go anywhere...but for sure McCloud may be gone by the 4th game if he does not play. Of course nothing wrong with that as that’s life. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, chapelbull said:

Coaching didn't do him any favors, but coaching didn't make him miss wide open receivers by 10 yards.   I think McCloud will be where he belongs as the number 3 for now.  Maybe he develops under better coaching.

I think the sacks took a toll he isnt a big guy.  Early games he had played he had good accuracy or atleast could hit a open receiver 10 yards down the field. 

Guest Jonesy Bull
1 hour ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

Fortin's arm is  a lot better than McClouds. His stats at NC are solid which is better competition than our conference . The kid he lost out to is a straight stud. He transferred here to play, not hold the clipboard long term.  Noah Johnson probably gets the nod because of his experience and athletic ability for now and it is his job to lose. Noah thought was playing at a level  lower than AAC.  I think Fortin will have the job for good by the end of the season. Watch the tape against college talent. His arm is beyond anything we have seen from McCloud.

I'm in agreement.  Very excited about Fortin and what he brings to the table.

It feels like our forti'o'ns rely on him (hehe).  Seriously I do think he has the most talent, experience, and hope for QB aspirations.  I'm pretty stoked to see what he can do.  I just wish Coach Scott and the team had more time to practice and bond with each other....hard to under-estimate how big that will be yet.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  12,255
  • Days Won:  25

42 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

I'm in agreement.  Very excited about Fortin and what he brings to the table.

It feels like our forti'o'ns rely on him (hehe).  Seriously I do think he has the most talent, experience, and hope for QB aspirations.  I'm pretty stoked to see what he can do.  I just wish Coach Scott and the team had more time to practice and bond with each other....hard to under-estimate how big that will be yet.

He reminds me of the SMU QB who transferred from UT. Hopefully he has similar or better success here than SMU's QB.