• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  12,194
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

It’s Noah but expect McClod to get plenty of playing time as well. 

I think its Noah and Fortin getting lots of playing time.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, Bulls On Parade said:

McCloud was just a freshman with horrible coaches and banged up most of the season I think he makes a big improvement.  Flowers looked horrible his first start vs a really bad SMU team.

I think we actually could have some decent talent at qb.

Coaching didn't do him any favors, but coaching didn't make him miss wide open receivers by 10 yards.   I think McCloud will be where he belongs as the number 3 for now.  Maybe he develops under better coaching.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,509
  • Days Won:  28

Noah Johnson shall take us to the promise land. 

Guest Jonesy Bull
19 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Coaching didn't do him any favors, but coaching didn't make him miss wide open receivers by 10 yards.   I think McCloud will be where he belongs as the number 3 for now.  Maybe he develops under better coaching.

Absolutely!  Coaching was a problem period, I would agree.  Its hard to know exactly how much this falls on McCloud, and how much this falls on the overall offensive scheme (or lack there of) and Receivers being in the wrong/right position....along with the play or lack there of, the OL.

Time will tell, at least we have competent Coaches now, so there will be no excuses in the future.  Of course there will be a learning curve, and this virus situation is not doing us any favors as far as being ahead of the curve from that aspect.

I do agree he is 3rd on the depth chart at least right now.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

16 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Absolutely!  Coaching was a problem period, I would agree.  Its hard to know exactly how much this falls on McCloud, and how much this falls on the overall offensive scheme (or lack there of) and Receivers being in the wrong/right position....along with the play or lack there of, the OL.

Time will tell, at least we have competent Coaches now, so there will be no excuses in the future.  Of course there will be a learning curve, and this virus situation is not doing us any favors as far as being ahead of the curve from that aspect.

I do agree he is 3rd on the depth chart at least right now.

Maybe on your depth chart, but I’m pretty sure with no practices there is no quarterback depth chart as of yet.

Guest Jonesy Bull
4 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Maybe on your depth chart, but I’m pretty sure with no practices there is no quarterback depth chart as of yet.

Well true.....I'm talking strictly on perception at this point.

What is your QB depth chart?   Having said that, per my post previosly, I don't think that McCloud has been given a fair shot as of yet, so I'm only basing it on what I've seen, which is very subjective considering the Coaching he has gotten so far, IMO.

Edited by Jonesy Bull

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,831
  • Days Won:  67

15 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Yes however there is film and he is 3rd on the depth chart, it is ok to admit when you are wrong, you should of had plenty of practice on this by now😀

13 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Well true.....I'm talking strictly on perception at this point.

What is your QB depth chart?   Having said that, per my post previosly, I don't think that McCloud has been given a fair shot as of yet, so I'm only basing it on what I've seen, which is very subjective considering the Coaching he has gotten so far, IMO.

I think McCloud finishes at 2nd string. I am assuming he makes a leap with better coaching and takes advantage of his prior game experience. The starter will be the N.C. kid.

1 minute ago, Friscobull said:

Yes however there is film and he is 3rd on the depth chart, it is ok to admit when you are wrong, you should of had plenty of practice on this by now😀

When you show me the USF documentation that he is 3rd on the depth chart then I’ll buy what you are saying. But as usual you know little 😀. Coach Scott has been clear every job is up for grabs. 

Guest Jonesy Bull
1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I think McCloud finishes at 2nd string. I am assuming he makes a leap with better coaching and takes advantage of his prior game experience. The starter will be the N.C. kid.

Sounds reasonable.

I do think McCloud has alot more upside than people give him credit for.  Last year was a cluster____ is so many ways.  Not totally fair to judge him strictly on that, imo.