• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF FB probably back on campus by Monday

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,407
  • Days Won:  5

IF they practice the whole team will get it, and be safe by season opener

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

2 hours ago, BDYZR said:

Three Auburn football players reportedly test positive for coronavirus

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/06/08/auburn-football-players-test-positive-coronavirus/

I wonder what precautions USF has in place.

But did they die?

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,685
  • Days Won:  108

5 hours ago, bcgruber said:

I meant a real game that counts

I knew that, thus the smiley face.

1 hour ago, lotsofbull99 said:

But did they die?

No because Puc says so.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

Until there is an OCS, USF football will never truly be on campus 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

13 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

I knew that, thus the smiley face.

No because Puc says so.

Well that I said so and then fact that they actually didn’t, as a matter of fact they don’t even have symptoms. And that whole fallacy of asymptomatic spread running rampant and killing grandma, the WHO just completely pivoted on that too. Healthy college age kids do not die from Covid, don’t blame me blame the data on this clearly ageist disease.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,459
  • Days Won:  25

19 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Well that I said so and then fact that they actually didn’t, as a matter of fact they don’t even have symptoms. And that whole fallacy of asymptomatic spread running rampant and killing grandma, the WHO just completely pivoted on that too. Healthy college age kids do not die from Covid, don’t blame me blame the data on this clearly ageist disease.

Isn't it amazing how adamant we are professing "facts" about something we know nothing about? Even early data disagrees with later data.

According to the CDC 106 deaths from covid ages 15-24 from 2.1.2020 to 5.30.2020.

https://data.cdc.gov/NCHS/Provisional-COVID-19-Death-Counts-by-Sex-Age-and-S/9bhg-hcku

Edited by BDYZR
  • ???? 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,348
  • Days Won:  10

We are still in a peak with this thing.  We knew nothing about it and are playing catch up.  People who believe that thousands of scientists got together and collaborated to put out false information so that many people would die and the scientists' credibility would be ruined are among the chemtrail and tinfoil hat folks.

I suggest we wait until the patient is dead before starting the autopsy.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Isn't it amazing how adamant we are professing "facts" about something we know nothing about? Even early data disagrees with later data.

According to the CDC 106 deaths from covid ages 15-24 from 2.1.2020 to 5.30.2020.

https://data.cdc.gov/NCHS/Provisional-COVID-19-Death-Counts-by-Sex-Age-and-S/9bhg-hcku

Sorry healthy kids, Covid is also an ableist, and even so given their population numbers that is still statistically zero. It is an unequivocal fact that Covid poses very little risk to a healthy college student and they have more risk walking under a ladder ,  having a coconut fall on their head or (clutching my pearls) playing football.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Grateful Dad said:

We are still in a peak with this thing.  We knew nothing about it and are playing catch up.  People who believe that thousands of scientists got together and collaborated to put out false information so that many people would die and the scientists' credibility would be ruined are among the chemtrail and tinfoil hat folks.

I suggest we wait until the patient is dead before starting the autopsy.

I don’t think it is a conspiracy at all, a doctors job has always been to be risk adverse and tell you all of the things you can’t do because you will die, everyone else’s job has always been to determine what of those suggestions seem reasonable while making life still worth living. For some reason this time everyone besides the doctors decided to stop doing their job and just follow any and all recommendations and the need for people to be told how to live their life created more recommendations and there wasn’t time to have those recommendations be based on actual science.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,348
  • Days Won:  10

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

I don’t think it is a conspiracy at all, a doctors job has always been to be risk adverse and tell you all of the things you can’t do because you will die, everyone else’s job has always been to determine what of those suggestions seem reasonable while making life still worth living. For some reason this time everyone besides the doctors decided to stop doing their job and just follow any and all recommendations and the need for people to be told how to live their life created more recommendations and there wasn’t time to have those recommendations be based on actual science.

Right.  There wasn't time.  I believe everyone did the best that they could and I would need proof that the doctors are wrong.  It's too early for that.  The policymakers, If I understand you, should have tempered the draconian measures from the scientists and, with no knowledge of this brand new disease and with dire forecasts, should have put their careers and the lives of others on the line to tell us that it is not going to be necessary to follow them.

Put simply, doctors are telling individuals how they can live their lives.  This rankles those  who treasure their individual freedoms.  I do.  But this is not simple and cannot be seen as addressing individuals.  We interact too much and are far too self-centered to trust each other to keep OTHERS safe.  I just came from Publix for the bi-weekly shopping.  I am obviously disabled, wear a mask, keep away from others and yet constantly have unmasked people walking up and standing next to me for small talk.  It doesn't matter if they believe  that they will not get it, it matters to me that they don't spread it to others especially the most vulnerable.  But, in general, most people care about themselves and that's it.  They think that it's all over now.  It's like, "Haven't you heard?  They called it off!"

On a positive note, most people kept discipline a lot longer than I forecast.  Americans are not big on being told what to do and generally don't stand for inconveniences.

Puc, I think you are using a whole lot of hindsight and making judgments when all the facts are not in.  There could be information coming that would make the scientists look like geniuses.  We don't know yet.  Let's just wait before the debrief.

• Upvote 2