• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF FB probably back on campus by Monday

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,685
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

Well it has been half a year what have we found to help beyond having the hospital bed available?

Just over 3 months since the stay at home orders for most states but not gonna haggle with you.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

12 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Just over 3 months since the stay at home orders for most states but not gonna haggle with you.

That’s not when the disease first started and was even widespread in parts of the world by the start of the year, if a country of billions has yet to figure anything out with a bonus few months what makes us think we would have even though we have developed nothing thus far ( not to mention nothing stopped us from working on it when it was in China)?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

35 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Can you post where this flatten the curve thing is. Keep hearing about it but not real familiar with it ...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/world/corona-simulator/

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

We are back baby!!!!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,423
  • Days Won:  25

I mean played beer bong and shared cups during the swine flu aka h1n1 and endured CCS's tenure. I think I will survive in the stands. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, puc86 said:

That’s not when the disease first started and was even widespread in parts of the world by the start of the year, if a country of billions has yet to figure anything out with a bonus few months what makes us think we would have even though we have developed nothing thus far ( not to mention nothing stopped us from working on it when it was in China)?

If we were talkIng about flattening the curve that would have started with stay at home.

8 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

If we were talkIng about flattening the curve that would have started with stay at home.

The only stay at home purpose with any scientific reason is to flatten the curve bellow hospital capacity, the idea that it could give time for developing a cure or treatment is invented out of thin air and working on a cure or treatment is not dependent on stay at home orders which means the clock on that does not start and stop when stay at home orders are implemented and ended.

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

The only stay at home purpose with any scientific reason is to flatten the curve bellow hospital capacity, the idea that it could give time for developing a cure or treatment is invented out of thin air and working on a cure or treatment is not dependent on stay at home orders which means the clock on that does not start and stop when stay at home orders are implemented and ended.

There are about 7.3 million people in the world that have been diagnosed with this and about 400k that have died.  That is with social distancing in many countries.  So what would that number be right now without it?  I believe a conservative estimate would be double.  So there may be 7.3 million people that have not gotten the virus that would have. 

Should a cure/vaccine be discovered tomorrow there would be 7.3 million people with a better chance of receiving that treatment/vaccine and 400k that may not die.  I'm not sure what I'm missing.  

3 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

There are about 7.3 million people in the world that have been diagnosed with this and about 400k that have died.  That is with social distancing in many countries.  So what would that number be right now without it?  I believe a conservative estimate would be double.  So there may be 7.3 million people that have not gotten the virus that would have. 

Should a cure/vaccine be discovered tomorrow there would be 7.3 million people with a better chance of receiving that treatment/vaccine and 400k that may not die.  I'm not sure what I'm missing.  

That producing and distributing an effective vaccine takes a year and a half, the lockdowns cannot be sustained that long, more than that many people will still get it, the delay was of no benefit to them unless they lived in NYC, Italy or a handful of other places where the hospitalization capacity was actually stretched so wasting the resources in order to just delay their infection to a time when their hospitals may actually push capacity bounds was just a foolish waste of time to delay the inevitable.

14 minutes ago, puc86 said:

That producing and distributing an effective vaccine takes a year and a half, the lockdowns cannot be sustained that long, more than that many people will still get it, the delay was of no benefit to them unless they lived in NYC, Italy or a handful of other places where the hospitalization capacity was actually stretched so wasting the resources in order to just delay their infection to a time when their hospitals may actually push capacity bounds was just a foolish waste of time to delay the inevitable.

I said treatment/vaccine.