• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

No Fans for March Madness

Guest Jonesy Bull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

For all of you with kids, get yourself ready for schools closing. With it being Spring Break next week, the counties can wait a little longer to make any announcement/decision, but the Diocese of St. Pete is going to announce the closing of all of its schools later today.

And HCC is officially (not sure if it has been announced) closed until the end of March.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

9 minutes ago, JTrue said:

For all of you with kids, get yourself ready for schools closing. With it being Spring Break next week, the counties can wait a little longer to make any announcement/decision, but the Diocese of St. Pete is going to announce the closing of all of its schools later today.

And HCC is officially (not sure if it has been announced) closed until the end of March.

from  the email I just got from FLDOE, public schools are business as usual. It even said that if a student comes into contact, do not close the school just take steps to disinfect the room. A lot can still change but this was form this morning. 

Superintendents,

In addition to the memorandum and Q&A we forwarded your way on March 11, the Department of Education has been working with the Department of Health and we have received the following additional recommendations that many of you asked about:

·           Anyone (students/faculty/staff/etc.) who go on foreign travel, to any country, must self-isolate for 14 days upon return.

·           Anyone (students/faculty/staff/etc.) who go on a cruise, anywhere, must self-isolate for 14 days upon return.

·           There should be no mass gatherings, which are defined by the CDC as “1,000-25,000 people, but the practical application is any gathering that would strain local resources.” We leave it to your discretion for events with less than 1,000 people.

·           If a student/faculty/staff has been exposed to a person with confirmed COVID-19, and that student/faculty/staff has been in a classroom, we still recommend that you NOT close the school/college/program, but we do recommend that you clear the classroom and take necessary steps to sanitize the   room.

And as always, you can learn more about COVID-19 preparations, signs and symptoms, and guidance at http://www.fldoe.org/em-response/index.stml.

Sincerely,

Jacob Oliva

Edited by BrassBulls12

3 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

from  the email I just got from FLDOE, public schools are business as usual. It even said that if a student comes into contact, do not close the school just take steps to disinfect the room. A lot can still change but this was form this morning. 

Superintendents,

In addition to the memorandum and Q&A we forwarded your way on March 11, the Department of Education has been working with the Department of Health and we have received the following additional recommendations that many of you asked about:

·           Anyone (students/faculty/staff/etc.) who go on foreign travel, to any country, must self-isolate for 14 days upon return.

·           Anyone (students/faculty/staff/etc.) who go on a cruise, anywhere, must self-isolate for 14 days upon return.

·           There should be no mass gatherings, which are defined by the CDC as “1,000-25,000 people, but the practical application is any gathering that would strain local resources.” We leave it to your discretion for events with less than 1,000 people.

·           If a student/faculty/staff has been exposed to a person with confirmed COVID-19, and that student/faculty/staff has been in a classroom, we still recommend that you NOT close the school/college/program, but we do recommend that you clear the classroom and take necessary steps to sanitize the   room.

And as always, you can learn more about COVID-19 preparations, signs and symptoms, and guidance at http://www.fldoe.org/em-response/index.stml.

Sincerely,

Jacob Oliva

I know Berkeley and Tampa Prep are "extending Spring Break" as opposed to announcing closures. If the county schools close, its going to be chaos for working parents.

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

2 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I know Berkeley and Tampa Prep are "extending Spring Break" as opposed to announcing closures. If the county schools close, its going to be chaos for working parents.

Yeah, we start SB on Monday. It could get crazy 

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

I completely agree with you that people are selfish idiots and that is why I think people need to take precautions on there own and can do so without needing anyone to legislate it for them. As a selfish idiot I am currently looking at leisure travel this weekend just because it is cheap and everything around me is cancelled for no reason, so IDK that this is exactly the intended consequence of shutting down everything with a crowd in areas that have zero cases and very little current reason for concern but here we are anyway and why should I be forced to be bored for even 5 minutes?

We have absolutely no way of knowing how many cases there are right now. It is still way too early in the process to draw any broad conclusions. Of course that won't stop people from making selfish decisions that could put others at risk, but at least a lot of private corporations are doing what they can to help flatten the potential curve. Hope for the best and prepare for the worst and whatnot. Enjoy your trip. Wear sunscreen. 

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

2 hours ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Call a spade a spade here. We have to "overreact" because humans are stupid. Even when they know the right thing to do, they will do the opposite because they want to. 

This, and Americans even more so 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

20 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

We have absolutely no way of knowing how many cases there are right now. It is still way too early in the process to draw any broad conclusions. Of course that won't stop people from making selfish decisions that could put others at risk, but at least a lot of private corporations are doing what they can to help flatten the potential curve. Hope for the best and prepare for the worst and whatnot. Enjoy your trip. Wear sunscreen. 

I hate the sun I will be traveling to the cold 

• Topic Count:  1,031
  • Content Count:  7,500
  • Days Won:  10

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

My nephew plays baseball for Berkeley and, so far, they are still playing games.

3 minutes ago, Ricky the Bull said:

My nephew plays baseball for Berkeley and, so far, they are still playing games.

Probably will continue to keep playing (Tampa Prep, too) until they officially close school. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,548
  • Days Won:  423

29 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

There's no toilet paper anywhere because of this jack ass.

958854377_StepBrothers.gif.ebf0ba0bf4bbc89ed574ddc2394be9cd.gif

JTrue has a beard ....