• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

No Fans for March Madness

Guest Jonesy Bull

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

6 minutes ago, puc86 said:

So instead the entire world comes to a complete halt for something that would not effect them at all.

Not a complete halt ..... ******* Straz Center is still going forward with Jersey Boys this weekend, at this point in time.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

Not a complete halt ..... ******* Straz Center is still going forward with Jersey Boys this weekend, at this point in time.

Going on demographics I would think that should be the exact thing being shut down.

9 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Going on demographics I would think that should be the exact thing being shut down.

No ****. Broadway shut down for month so I really can't see the Straz going forward with this but not holding my breath ...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

57 minutes ago, puc86 said:

So instead the entire world comes to a complete halt for something that would not effect them at all.

Estimates of 75 - 150 million in this country.   That isn't everyone.  But it is 1/4 to 1/2.  Seriously, if everyone takes some precautions maybe it doesn't approach that number and we all get on with our lives more quickly.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

My employer, the University of New Hampshire, is closed now for spring break and two weeks after the break. But all of my classes will continue through canvas and zoom lecture. I am not a fan of either at 100% but if the tech was not around it would have been a hectic situation getting to finals. 

If you have not bought stock in Amazon...you are late....

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

If you have not bought stock in Amazon...you are late....

Yeah, but if you're looking to buy hand sanitizers from them, be forewarned. The only ones they have appear to be from China ..... which could be a good thing or a bad thing.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

22 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Yeah, but if you're looking to buy hand sanitizers from them, be forewarned. The only ones they have appear to be from China ..... which could be a good thing or a bad thing.

Coincidence? I THINK NOT 😂😂

46 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Estimates of 75 - 150 million in this country.   That isn't everyone.  But it is 1/4 to 1/2.  Seriously, if everyone takes some precautions maybe it doesn't approach that number and we all get on with our lives more quickly.

But for most of that group they will have absolutely nothing of consequence happen to them and they would gladly trade one extra cold or flu for the insanity that is currently being heaped upon them. I do recognize that there is a small segment of society that this is serious for and if they don’t think that it is worth the risk they can easily avoid the situations we are all now being forced to avoid without the added bonus of tanking the economy. Ultimately I completely agree that reasonable precautions would be the best solution but I don’t find this week  reasonable and it’s  mostly based on fear mongering and people’s love of panic.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

3 hours ago, puc86 said:

But for most of that group they will have absolutely nothing of consequence happen to them and they would gladly trade one extra cold or flu for the insanity that is currently being heaped upon them. I do recognize that there is a small segment of society that this is serious for and if they don’t think that it is worth the risk they can easily avoid the situations we are all now being forced to avoid without the added bonus of tanking the economy. Ultimately I completely agree that reasonable precautions would be the best solution but I don’t find this week  reasonable and it’s  mostly based on fear mongering and people’s love of panic.

It's actually based on epidemiology and science, but I suppose that is like fear mongering and panic. 

2 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

It's actually based on epidemiology and science, but I suppose that is like fear mongering and panic. 

The science says that it’s a typical cold or flu for anyone under 60 and even the death rate is falling like a rock here as more cases pop up and only one Washington Nursing home comes to be. If you are healthy and not a senior citizen your odds of dying or having serious issues are as close to zero as the common flu, why ? Because math. Now your odds of not being able to retire on time or get toilet paper for the week or having to starve if you are in the service industry are quite strong but it will all be worth it just as long as we make sure no person ever contracts a communicable disease ever.