• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Quinton Flowers Getting some XFL love

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, T-Man said:

This is a great idea!   40,000 seat stadium would fit both of our crowds better, and we would not have to give RJS such a big cut of everything!

Only problem is that the XFL will be gone in 3 years. 

• Haha 1

Guest Jonesy Bull
Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

I still think that too, but the attendance has been better than I expected for these games.  People love football.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,587
  • Days Won:  423

54 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Perfect. Then it will be all ours. 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

Perfect. Then it will be all ours. 

good the simpsons GIF

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

5 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

If they make it to year 3 I’d be surprised, and they might survive. I’m thinking one and done honestly 

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  1,266
  • Days Won:  0

still mind blowing to me the Vipers chose green as their colors, when they knew they'd be playing in a red stadium.  Amazing.

• Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,016
  • Days Won:  0

Naturally on most football teams the most popular player is the backup quarterback. Usually the backup is a backup for a reason. That may not be the case with Quinton Flowers. He has seen limited action and did have a poor week 2 performance but three weeks into the season he appears to be the Vipers most explosive quarterback. Maybe it doesn't translate well for a full game. Maybe Flowers has been playing so well because the other teams aren't preparing for him. But with a QB rating of over 90 in two out of three games, Flowers is the highest rated quarterback on the Vipers. I know I've heard it, he is too short, he is sometimes inaccurate. These are true but with the performances that have come out of the QB position over the last two games Its time to try Flowers, full time.

From Pat Yasinskas, XFL.com Week 3: What we learned

In a league with a three-game season, it’s time to panic when you start off 0-3. That’s happening in Tampa Bay.

In a Week 3 loss to Houston, coach Marc Trestman turned play-calling duties over to offensive coordinator Jaime Elizondo. Things went relatively well as the Vipers, who had not scored an offensive touchdown in the first two weeks, scored 27 points.

But they still lost and their quarterback situation is muddled. It’s time to clear that up. It’s time to turn things over to Quinton Flowers. Original starter Aaron Murray played poorly in the opener and has missed the last two games with a foot injury. Backup Taylor Cornelius has started the last two games, but he’s not the answer. He completed just 52 percent of his passes and threw an interception Saturday.

Flowers, a fan favorite who played at the University of South Florida, got some playing time against Houston and looked like the Vipers’ most explosive quarterback, posting a 93.1 passer rating and running for a touchdown. Flowers should get the start next week against the DC Defenders.

Guest Jonesy Bull
2 hours ago, Buller64 said:

Naturally on most football teams the most popular player is the backup quarterback. Usually the backup is a backup for a reason. That may not be the case with Quinton Flowers. He has seen limited action and did have a poor week 2 performance but three weeks into the season he appears to be the Vipers most explosive quarterback. Maybe it doesn't translate well for a full game. Maybe Flowers has been playing so well because the other teams aren't preparing for him. But with a QB rating of over 90 in two out of three games, Flowers is the highest rated quarterback on the Vipers. I know I've heard it, he is too short, he is sometimes inaccurate. These are true but with the performances that have come out of the QB position over the last two games Its time to try Flowers, full time.

From Pat Yasinskas, XFL.com Week 3: What we learned

In a league with a three-game season, it’s time to panic when you start off 0-3. That’s happening in Tampa Bay.

In a Week 3 loss to Houston, coach Marc Trestman turned play-calling duties over to offensive coordinator Jaime Elizondo. Things went relatively well as the Vipers, who had not scored an offensive touchdown in the first two weeks, scored 27 points.

But they still lost and their quarterback situation is muddled. It’s time to clear that up. It’s time to turn things over to Quinton Flowers. Original starter Aaron Murray played poorly in the opener and has missed the last two games with a foot injury. Backup Taylor Cornelius has started the last two games, but he’s not the answer. He completed just 52 percent of his passes and threw an interception Saturday.

Flowers, a fan favorite who played at the University of South Florida, got some playing time against Houston and looked like the Vipers’ most explosive quarterback, posting a 93.1 passer rating and running for a touchdown. Flowers should get the start next week against the DC Defenders.

Well the team is 0-3 and you want to get the home town fans involved.

There is absolutely no reason to not give him a start in Game 4!

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,033
  • Days Won:  38

On 2/25/2020 at 10:29 AM, Jonesy Bull said:

I still think that too, but the attendance has been better than I expected for these games.  People love football.

I will say, I am actually more interested in this iteration than any other secondary league.  I would go to Vipers games if I lived in Tampa.

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

Nathan Bond is saying that Flowers is no longer with the team.