• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Student Attendance Today

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

40 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

Found the pics online.  We used to go see Terry's band Ruckus at Shenanigan's which was pretty far north on Nebraska.  He was a very quiet bass player in the background.  I do remember them playing at the EK once I think for Slappy Hour which was from 3-5 on Fridays with 10 cent beers.  Place was crazy back in the day.

image.jpeg.8f1bbfa989e580de6c6f1511859dc8a5.jpeg

Unreal. I never knew that about him. Thanks for sharing.

Guest Jonesy Bull
10 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Unreal. I never knew that about him. Thanks for sharing.

Ahhh the Empty Keg, I totally forgot about that place.  It was still there in the 80's....Good times man, good times!

Guest Jonesy Bull

I'm assuming the Empty Keg is long gone?  

Are there other places on campus to drink these days similiar to that?  Just curious.

I remember my first semester at USF in the Fall of '86, there was an outdoor Blue Oyster Cult Concert in the lawn between the Dorms.  Everybody got laid that night!

Guest SittingBull
6 hours ago, BulledOver said:

Lot's of folks were getting into it and enjoying the game. Nice and lots of noise which was nice to see. I'm sure it fired up the players as the score showed. My thought was revolving around the students. It has been indicated nationally that college students interest in sports has decreased. Probably across the board. of course you watch a LSU or Clemson game and other winning programs they are packed and in a frenzy. Probably has a lot to do with the campus culture and athletic history. Were young yet by all standards. I'm hoping with MK and now the new Prez, Coaches, etc we are building something solid across the athletics board. It has a feeling......

USF has been playing MBB since 1969 and in an OCA since 1980.  How long does it take to develop the culture you speak of, and stop the “we’re young” excuse?

• Topic Count:  1,033
  • Content Count:  7,508
  • Days Won:  10

12 minutes ago, SittingBull said:

USF has been playing MBB since 1969 and in an OCA since 1980.  How long does it take to develop the culture you speak of, and stop the “we’re young” excuse?

We're a very different university from the early days.  Even in the late 70s and early 80s, student mostly commuted.  There were strong upticks in the 90s that were brought on by both students and a coach (Greenberg) who recognized and fostered that.  Unfortunately, with coaching changes and student graduation, nothing was in place to maintain or build on that momentum.  Now, there may be less interest in sports, but I think that those students who attended the UCF game got a taste of how fun it can be.  The band's energy can hopefully catch on and grow with those who come back for more and that momentum will build again.

• Upvote 1

Guest Jonesy Bull
38 minutes ago, Ricky the Bull said:

We're a very different university from the early days.  Even in the late 70s and early 80s, student mostly commuted.  There were strong upticks in the 90s that were brought on by both students and a coach (Greenberg) who recognized and fostered that.  Unfortunately, with coaching changes and student graduation, nothing was in place to maintain or build on that momentum.  Now, there may be less interest in sports, but I think that those students who attended the UCF game got a taste of how fun it can be.  The band's energy can hopefully catch on and grow with those who come back for more and that momentum will build again.

Im excited to see the fans reaction/energy  when the football and basketball teams really start to turn it around. Which I think can happen as soon as next year!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,685
  • Days Won:  108

10 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Those Florida Amish are fake...try Intercourse Pennsylvania. 

Just down the road from Bird-in-Hand, Pa.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

17 hours ago, SittingBull said:

True USF has been around a long time. Ricky makes good points. When I refer to the "young" tag I'm equating that to other colleges we play that have been playing intercollegiate sports for over 100 years. Young--would still be our football program by comparison. We haven't made that indelible mark as yet. We've enjoyed the moments, runs and glimpses. Lot's of reasons but were just not there as yet. Men's bball should be better and I believe we have the right coach now to achieve that goal. Other sports we excel more than we fail. Football? probably why the majority of us are on this site. Football has been a roller coaster ride over the years. To be a USF Football fan isn't for the feint of heart. I think many USF Fan's are now hopeful that FB may be in positive change mode...Time will tell. 

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,729
  • Days Won:  0

Bullspen member (and my son) @MDBull20 won the halftime shooting challenge at this game. Sadly, I wasn't in attendance, but he sent me a video that someone in the stands took. Here is the winning three pointer. This shot may not be as a USF player, but it's a dream come true for this old Bull to see my boy sink a three in the Sun Dome in front of 6,000 screaming fans. 😏🤘

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,872
  • Days Won:  67

2 hours ago, Gat-Rat Bull said:

Bullspen member (and my son) @MDBull20 won the halftime shooting challenge at this game. Sadly, I wasn't in attendance, but he sent me a video that someone in the stands took. Here is the winning three pointer. This shot may not be as a USF player, but it's a dream come true for this old Bull to see my boy sink a three in the Sun Dome in front of 6,000 screaming fans. 😏🤘

Dude has swagger and confidence, you must be a proud papa, not the first time the kid picked up a basketball and I bet you had something to do with that, nice work old man, you did well!

• Like 1