• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Student Attendance Today

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Was an exciting event for sure

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

On 2/1/2020 at 9:12 PM, &rew Bull said:

Does anyone have insight into what brought the students out for today's game against UCF? It's been a long time since I've seen so many students attend a USF basketball game. Playing a rival and a good start time tell part of the story but I'm guessing there was some marketing that finally clicked to bring everyone out.

Think Athletics marketed that game well

On 2/2/2020 at 7:06 AM, smazza said:

and the attendance was?

think it was around 6200++

Your take on this thought..We were watching the game and noticed how much fun the student section was having. Bad football/basketball teams = lower interest a given. Obviously there has been a change recently ( especially w/ CJS hire) to put more effort into generating hype for sports. As the camera panned the corwd we watched the kids and wondered if, many of them were actually being exposed to sports for the first time. USF academics brings in the cream of the crop relating to students. In high school being the higher achieving students its possible they didn't get involved in extracurricular activities re: sports. Now that they are in college its a new "ballgame" so to speak. They are on a equal "playing field" with students similar to themselves this, might lead them to try something new and see what all the hoopla is about.  A possibility....??  Hope they get involved and have fun. It would be great to see USF sports enjoy overwhelming fan support. The phrase.."If you build it(winning teams)they will come" 

Unlike back in the "old days" college setting where you just needed to be able to chug and know the words to Louie Louie..along with a few other attributes....

Guest Jonesy Bull
49 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

Your take on this thought..We were watching the game and noticed how much fun the student section was having. Bad football/basketball teams = lower interest a given. Obviously there has been a change recently ( especially w/ CJS hire) to put more effort into generating hype for sports. As the camera panned the corwd we watched the kids and wondered if, many of them were actually being exposed to sports for the first time. USF academics brings in the cream of the crop relating to students. In high school being the higher achieving students its possible they didn't get involved in extracurricular activities re: sports. Now that they are in college its a new "ballgame" so to speak. They are on a equal "playing field" with students similar to themselves this, might lead them to try something new and see what all the hoopla is about.  A possibility....??  Hope they get involved and have fun. It would be great to see USF sports enjoy overwhelming fan support. The phrase.."If you build it(winning teams)they will come" 

Unlike back in the "old days" college setting where you just needed to be able to chug and know the words to Louie Louie..along with a few other attributes....

With USF being such a better academic school than when I was there, not sure I would have survived.

Students are students no matter how smart they are.  They will find the time to have fun.  They just need a reason to make athletics part of the experience.  Certainly marketing is key.  And having the excitement surrounding football right now helps.  And its ucf.  That will always bring out a crowd on both sides.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

With USF being such a better academic school than when I was there, not sure I would have survived.

Students are students no matter how smart they are.  They will find the time to have fun.  They just need a reason to make athletics part of the experience.  Certainly marketing is key.  And having the excitement surrounding football right now helps.  And its ucf.  That will always bring out a crowd on both sides.

Kids today going to a basketball game....in my day we were too busy chasing ass for such things. 

• Haha 1

Guest Jonesy Bull
16 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Kids today going to a basketball game....in my day we were too busy chasing ass for such things. 

Kids today are still doing that and always will!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,587
  • Days Won:  423

1 hour ago, BulledOver said:

Your take on this thought..We were watching the game and noticed how much fun the student section was having.

Was it ALL the student sections? There's usually a great group on that 1st level, beside the band (who did their usually awesome job on Saturday) but were the newbies in the second levels getting into it also?

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

14 hours ago, Triple B said:

Was it ALL the student sections? There's usually a great group on that 1st level, beside the band (who did their usually awesome job on Saturday) but were the newbies in the second levels getting into it also?

Not sure, but based on my experience, the atmosphere is inversely proportional to altitude in the Dome.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,637

1 hour ago, Fold FB Invest in BB said:

Not sure, but based on my experience, the atmosphere is inversely proportional to altitude in the Dome.

Exactly.  All 8 student sections were full but enthusiasm weens at higher altitudes.  But it was great to see for the first time in a long time.