• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I’d be interested to hear your theories . . .

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,587
  • Days Won:  423

3 hours ago, MikePhillips said:

UCF has not only exceeded us, but they've lapped us

Good grief, the melodrama. Nobody's lapped anybody until one of us makes a P5 and the other doesn't ....

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

That's solely on the shoulders Woolard and to a lesser degree Judy. We achieved so much success early - lightning in a little really - that they had no idea what it would take to build sustainable success.

A complete failure of leadership.

Not fired CJL .... built an ocs .... what exactly should they have done that would have guaranteed sustainable success?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

8 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I can’t in good faith say it is a good trip,It will be  Hot, we have literally no chance to win. However interesting city, no other good road games that year and we will tailgate and happy hour with the die hard SFL fans. Much easier for me to drive 3 hrs south vs you taking a flight, just so happy we got a new coach, actually considered not going with CCS aka turd still around.

I’ll let you know. There is some time for me to consider it. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Not fired CJL .... built an ocs .... what exactly should they have done that would have guaranteed sustainable success?

The first one was a pretty good start, it literally gutted our program and was a completely unforced error.

41 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

They should have invested more monies into the athletic department to sustain the momentum the football program had started. Since 2010 our athletic department revenues have only increased 16%, or $6M. UCF on the other hand has increased their athletic department revenue by 53%, or $22M.

Am I wrong in thinking that investing more monies would be reflected in Expenses not Revenues? If so, since 2010, our expenses increased 29% or $11M .... which means they're already investing more than they're bringing in. So where exactly should they have invested even more monies do address the hampering of that sustainable success?

14 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Am I wrong in thinking that investing more monies would be reflected in Expenses not Revenues? If so, since 2010, our expenses increased 29% or $11M .... which means they're already investing more than they're bringing in. So where exactly should they have invested even more monies do address the hampering of that sustainable success?

Our investment looked more like a plan carried over from Saint Louis than one we should have implemented, at least the tens of people at the Olympic Sports can enjoy their entire rows to themselves in luxury.

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

Our investment looked more like a plan carried over from Saint Louis than one we should have implemented,

So what investment plan, instead of the St Louis plan, should have been implemented that would have sustained that early success of the football program? Would an ipf or ocs have sustained that momentum? If you want to say that firing CJL killed that momentum, that's more defensible than trying to say that Woolard, along with Judy, killed it by not investing more money.

25 minutes ago, Triple B said:

So what investment plan, instead of the St Louis plan, should have been implemented that would have sustained that early success of the football program? Would an ipf or ocs have sustained that momentum? If you want to say that firing CJL killed that momentum, that's more defensible than trying to say that Woolard, along with Judy, killed it by not investing more money.

The first is my stance on killing momentum, the second is my feeling on taking 10 years to get together money for an ipf because we waited until after the death of the program to start the campaign. I personally do not believe the football facility is as big of a deal as we make it out to be what is a big deal however is how embarrassingly long it takes to get accomplished so long after the idea was brought to the public.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

10 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I personally do not believe the football facility is as big of a deal as we make it out to be what is a big deal however is how embarrassingly long it takes to get accomplished so long after the idea was brought to the public.

image.gif.6ba8cf4747f02bd45e8c89d5dd576dbe.gif

22 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

image.gif.6ba8cf4747f02bd45e8c89d5dd576dbe.gif

It feels much longer but the good news is we are announcing another donation of consequence so I am sure we will be moved in any day now