• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I’d be interested to hear your theories . . .

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,587
  • Days Won:  423

17 hours ago, puc86 said:

The first is my stance on killing momentum, the second is my feeling on taking 10 years to get together money for an ipf because we waited until after the death of the program to start the campaign. I personally do not believe the football facility is as big of a deal as we make it out to be

So the answer to my question, "would an ipf or ocs have sustained that momentum?", is no .....

what is a big deal however is how embarrassingly long it takes to get accomplished so long after the idea was brought to the public.

Which exemplifies the main problem USF Athletics has had seemingly forever ...... financial support.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,685
  • Days Won:  108

17 hours ago, puc86 said:

The first is my stance on killing momentum, the second is my feeling on taking 10 years to get together money for an ipf because we waited until after the death of the program to start the campaign. I personally do not believe the football facility is as big of a deal as we make it out to be what is a big deal however is how embarrassingly long it takes to get accomplished so long after the idea was brought to the public.

Your man CJL won from trailers.  Why would we need an IPF?  If CJS is as good as hoped he should be able to win no matter the facilities.  That said,  an IPF really is needed because of the weather.  

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

23 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Your man CJL won from trailers.  Why would we need an IPF?  If CJS is as good as hoped he should be able to win no matter the facilities.  That said,  an IPF really is needed because of the weather.  

No, we need the “football center/IPF” for recruiting. The days of Jimbo are from prehistoric times compared to expectations of high school players today. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

So the answer to my question, "would an ipf or ocs have sustained that momentum?", is no .....

Which exemplifies the main problem USF Athletics has had seemingly forever ...... financial support.

Yes

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

I don’t think an IPF is a “need” I do think if a decade after you claim it’s one you can’t break ground that sucks.

24 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I don’t think an IPF is a “need” I do think if a decade after you claim it’s one you can’t break ground that sucks.

It does suck but there is no obvious solution.  I can point out that this Board failed to reach a 10k goal which is indicative of the fan base in general. In fact, this board probably represents the "better than average" fan.

13 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

It does suck but there is no obvious solution.  I can point out that this Board failed to reach a 10k goal which is indicative of the fan base in general. In fact, this board probably represents the "better than average" fan.

Most of the people that people think are “bad” fans gave, so there is that.

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

Most of the people that people think are “bad” fans gave, so there is that.

What the heck is a bad fan?  Don't know if you are talking about people like me that are not the eternal optimist but, to my thinking, you are either a fan or you aren't.  

4 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

What the heck is a bad fan?  Don't know if you are talking about people like me that are not the eternal optimist but, to my thinking, you are either a fan or you aren't.  

Idk i am told I am one but I go to most everything and I give to most everything; you are a better fan than me however because math.

10 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Idk i am told I am one but I go to most everything and I give to most everything; you are a better fan than me however because math.

I really don't consider myself a better fan than you or others.  We're retired and have the opportunity to go to more events than some people.  

• Upvote 1