• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Clemson Position Coaches Coming to USF . . . ?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

I could see where it would be interpreted that way. I am more or less talking about leverage with recruits.

Nobody has much leverage over 5 star kids but since Clemson has become almost a top 2 destination....they have a little more clout than say Florida or Michigan and can be selective even in high level recruits. We generally don't have much of a chance with those guys. 

Mostly this would only apply to "friends/family" recruits. So say you have 3 guys who are cousins or friends....a borderline 5 star, a 4 star and a 2 star. 

However, if the highest rated guy isn't interested in USF, you could offer the best player to "put in a good word with Dabo" and in exchange for getting commits from the other two. 

It probably never will happen but networks help. I don't think MK would have had much success getting Jeff Scott if he already didn't have a relationship with Dabo. 

• Topic Count:  356
  • Content Count:  4,103
  • Days Won:  56

14 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Got to take those bastards down next year. 

Funny thing is, we’re not the only ones who hate them. Don’t know if any of you guys hear this, but nearly every time I talk College football with someone and UCF comes up in the conversation, no matter what team they follow, they say “UCF sucks!” I hear it from SEC guys, ACC guys, Big 12 guys. They seem to be almost universally hated.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,015
  • Days Won:  38

10 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Funny thing is, we’re not the only ones who hate them. Don’t know if any of you guys hear this, but nearly every time I talk College football with someone and UCF comes up in the conversation, no matter what team they follow, they say “UCF sucks!” I hear it from SEC guys, ACC guys, Big 12 guys. They seem to be almost universally hated.

There isn't much to like.  

Guest Jonesy Bull
16 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

They took one step back this season, and with Killins, Davis and possibly Anderson leaving for the NFL draft, look for another step back next year.

I agree.  Im not sold fully on Huepel yet either.  He rode Frosts recruits last year.  Just dont seem to have that "It" factor.  Could be wrong.  But give him credit for basically keeping the same system in place.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, usf97 said:

I could see where it would be interpreted that way. I am more or less talking about leverage with recruits.

Nobody has much leverage over 5 star kids but since Clemson has become almost a top 2 destination....they have a little more clout than say Florida or Michigan and can be selective even in high level recruits. We generally don't have much of a chance with those guys. 

Mostly this would only apply to "friends/family" recruits. So say you have 3 guys who are cousins or friends....a borderline 5 star, a 4 star and a 2 star. 

However, if the highest rated guy isn't interested in USF, you could offer the best player to "put in a good word with Dabo" and in exchange for getting commits from the other two. 

It probably never will happen but networks help. I don't think MK would have had much success getting Jeff Scott if he already didn't have a relationship with Dabo. 

Clemson is a unicorn in the modern era of recruiting. They are very selective in their offer process (even compared to the Bama’s of the world), they rarely ever have a decommit/flip, and they almost never go the Juco/Portal route. 

One thought process is that we could get the guys that CJS has been evaluating, but maybe couldn't quite offer him at Clemson. I’m sure the staff evaluates the same amount of kids as other programs, but it’s hard to guess what guys would fit in this category because they don’t extend non-commitable offers. 

I have to imagine he had some connection with Gray Academy because Hunter Helms and Dollison came out of no where 

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,457
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, usf97 said:

Not to change the subject, but, I heard somewhere that CJS wanted a shot at the USF job when we hired Strong. IF true, VPMK was more than likely fully aware of that. So when he fired Strong he already knew who the next coach would be. He may have interviewed xCJL simply out of courtesy, but CJS was probably a done deal from the get-go.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,339
  • Days Won:  25

3 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Most teams with real championships and pedigree hate them because of their false sense of entitlement of being national champions. All my friends that went to FSU,UF, Miami, GT, and GA hate them as much as we do.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  483
  • Days Won:  1

19 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

They took one step back this season, and with Killins, Davis and possibly Anderson leaving for the NFL draft, look for another step back next year.

While I don't think their QB is bad, he's not McKenzie Milton either. The strength of that offense was their O-line. This is often overlooked unless its terrible (see: USF). They will not be able to simply reload that line. I expect 7-9 wins will become their new norm for the next few years at least. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,853
  • Days Won:  67

38 minutes ago, mj796 said:

. I expect 7-9 wins will become their new norm for the next few years at least. 

I would love this as the new norm for us, 7-9 wins in either of the next two years is worthy of an Effin parade, how I hate CCS.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

1 minute ago, Friscobull said:

I would love this as the new norm for us, 7-9 wins in either of the next two years is worthy of an Effin parade, how I hate CCS.

Uber driver coming back from WBB game last night was a Longhorn fan. Saw our USF gear and it appears he hates CCS too.