• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

december 18

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  0

40 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

So if CJS has success this year, should we credit CCS sine he brought in the players? 

Um CCS was 4-8. He gets no credit. 

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  740

41 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

So if CJS has success this year, should we credit CCS sine he brought in the players? 

Does the level of production we saw from CCS' recruits match the level of production we saw out of CWT's recruits?

Are you able to recognize when a coach improves on, maintains, or regresses in production from the prior coach in the building?

Did Charlie Strong in 2017 improve on the production of the Bulls in 2016 under Willie? Offensively, no. Defensively, I can't say for sure but my guess it's a wash. Win total? Maintained. Again, you are incorrect in suggesting that Charlie solely holds our best win record in a season.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

4 minutes ago, OnTheBus said:

Again, you are incorrect in suggesting that Charlie solely holds our best win record in a season.

He was doing verbal gymnastics 

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  740

12 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

Clearly. As have many members here over this month of change. Doesn't mean I can't hold his feet to the fire.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Portal Feel Something GIF by bea miller
if he wins this year we credit the portal

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,802

1 minute ago, Roaming Bull said:

Portal Feel Something GIF by bea miller
if he wins this year we credit the portal

Shouldn't the portal credit really go to Corey?  He is truly the one who has enlightened us to its magical powers.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,528
  • Days Won:  28

17 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

Just stating facts. But if you want to be petty, the CCS had the SECOND MOST WINS in a season 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

1 minute ago, Bullrush33 said:

Shouldn't the portal credit really go to Corey?  He is truly the one who has enlightened us to its magical powers.

True. For all we know he may have been it’s inventor/conjuror 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Let me get this straight.

Coach Jeff Scott gets hired over a week ago.  Spends a lot of his time shaking hands, posting to twitter, and doing interviews.

Meanwhile, everyone knows the early signing period is coming up.  This time was absolutely critical.  Shake hands and do interviews AFTER THE SIGNING PERIOD.

Next, he gets rid of the current staff that was doing all the recruiting.  Now he's taking off to Clemson for the next 4 weeks, leaving NO ONE at the helm of USF football.

No recruiting, nothing.  Other than one 4th string RB from Oregon.

Meanwhile, Taggart hits the ground running at FAU, doing NOTHING BUT recruiting, getting commits left and right.

Did I get all this right?  We should have hired Taggart.  There, I said it.  Taggart recruits his tail off.  Every single day.  THAT is what we need.  Not a hand shaker, baby kisser, or interview doer.  

• Crying 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

3 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Let me get this straight.

Coach Jeff Scott gets hired over a week ago.  Spends a lot of his time shaking hands, posting to twitter, and doing interviews.  Yep

Meanwhile, everyone knows the early signing period is coming up.  This time was absolutely critical.  Shake hands and do interviews AFTER THE SIGNING PERIOD.  You don't think that he can do both?

Next, he gets rid of the current staff that was doing all the recruiting.  Now he's taking off to Clemson for the next 4 weeks, leaving NO ONE at the helm of USF football.  Today is the start of the recruiting dead period until January 16.  What difference is it going to make if he's helping Clemson during the playoffs?

No recruiting, nothing.  Other than one 4th string RB from Oregon.  I'm not sure how much you expected him to accomplish in one week.

Meanwhile, Taggart hits the ground running at FAU, doing NOTHING BUT recruiting, getting commits left and right.  A QB he recruited at FSU is following him.

Did I get all this right?  We should have hired Taggart.  There, I said it.  Taggart recruits his tail off.  Every single day.  THAT is what we need.  Not a hand shaker, baby kisser, or interview doer.  Our program needs both, now, more than ever.