• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

december 18

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,528
  • Days Won:  28

23 minutes ago, OnTheBus said:

If we're going to give CCS credit for winning with Willie's recruits, wouldn't it be fair to credit Willie for the 11th (bowl) win of 2016? Even if you don't want to give Willie that credit, CCS and CWT are TIED for the title of most single-season wins, not CCS alone.

So if CJS has success this year, should we credit CCS sine he brought in the players? 

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, IBulleve said:

To be fair, can you name a move that CCS made that turned out to be successful? 

His contract!!!

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,528
  • Days Won:  28

21 minutes ago, JTrue said:

No, but I'll probably give the next coach a whole bunch of **** over nothing a week into his hiring in the hopes of distracting people from the actual issue. Will that work instead?

I'm not giving him any type of chit. All I said is that I hope he has a plan in place, b/c so far I see NOTHING. I never said he was doing a bad job or he is a bad coach. 

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

We need those "babies" at THIS place in time a helluvalot more than we need the players ...

Ya, 3 stars are all over the place to recruit. We lost a QB that was never coming here no matter what once he got Baylor/FSU offers and the realistic damage is probably 2-3 players who decommited that would be difference makers we can't easily replace.

But bless his heart, he's welcome to go nuts scrutinizing CJS.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

CCS was here for 3 years, and each year the record got worse. The guy was a disaster for USF. Let's give our new coach more than a week before we say if he's good or not. He is recruiting for us now, then heading back to Clemson to prepare. CJS has brought more positive attention to our program than CCS did in 3 years. He understands that he has to win and also be someone the fanbase likes. CCS never seemed like he gave a @#$# what the fans thought or felt. 

Edited by Rex Havoc
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I posted this on the recruiting page:

The dead period started today.  There can be no contact with recruits.  Unless you have evidence to the contrary, I'm going to assume that he had been working on recruiting, as well as evaluating staff, and getting acclimated to USF.

Again, starting today, there's nothing he can do in terms of recruiting until January 16, 2020.  So, going to finish the playoff run with Clemson will have no impact on our recruiting.

To add to that, as I have often said, just because we, as fans, don't hear about anything going on, it doesn't mean that nothing is happening.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

I posted this on the recruiting page:

The dead period started today.  There can be no contact with recruits.  Unless you have evidence to the contrary, I'm going to assume that he had been working on recruiting, as well as evaluating staff, and getting acclimated to USF.

Again, starting today, there's nothing he can do in terms of recruiting until January 16, 2020.  So, going to finish the playoff run with Clemson will have no impact on our recruiting.

To add to that, as I have often said, just because we, as fans, don't hear about anything going on, it doesn't mean that nothing is happening.

Couldn't agree with you more. I can guarantee you CJS was out recruiting, talking to our committed players and setting up his staff. He knows what it takes to win. Allowing him to finish up at Clemson will give us tons of free positive press. You know they are going to mention how he's coming to USF numerous times leading up to and during the games. 

Just now, Rex Havoc said:

Couldn't agree with you more. I can guarantee you CJS was out recruiting, talking to our committed players and setting up his staff. He knows what it takes to win. Allowing him to finish up at Clemson will give us tons of free positive press. You know they are going to mention how he's coming to USF numerous times leading up to and during the games. 

It doesn't really hurt us to let him coach and it gives us a lot of good will in the coaching community and the college football community at large.

• Upvote 1

Just now, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

It doesn't really hurt us to let him coach and it gives us a lot of good will in the coaching community and the college football community at large.

I don't see any negatives in it. 

Just now, Rex Havoc said:

I don't see any negatives in it. 

Butt hurt people on message boards are the negative.