• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

december 18

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

28 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I hear you. CJS is off to a ****** start by telling everyone he's not going to be calling any recruits during the dead period.

something tells me he's missing the point. 

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

52 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

You do know what recruiting dead period means, correct.  Apparently, you don't so let me tell you.

The coaches can't do in home visits, nor can the recruit come visit campus.  However, other forms of communication is STILL ALLOWED!!!

This means actual recruiting is STILL HAPPENING!!!  Non Stop!!  They can text a recruit, call and recruit, direct message a recruit, etc.

And during all this time period, Jeff Scott will not be here.  He will be at Clemson.  I mean maybe he can get Clemson ready for the CFP AND recruit all day, who knows.  Maybe he's superman.  However, I for one, would prefer a coach who is dedicating almost all of his time to recruiting at the critical time.

I know what it means.  In addition to what you said, coaches also can't contact recruits.  Recruits can contact them however.

Guest Jonesy Bull
1 hour ago, JTrue said:

Cue the, "...but Tony Elliott!" posts from the butt hurt xCCS, xCJL crowd.

Are there really any "butt hurt" xCCS fans still out there?  Doubt it, unless they are completely blind or in total denial.  I though that ship sailed after that final ucf embarassment.  The xCJL crowd, saw a glimmer of hope for a hot minute, and then had it taken away just that quickly.  So that just adds a higher level of "butt hurt" for them.

Guest Jonesy Bull
1 hour ago, BullsFanInTX said:

You do know what recruiting dead period means, correct.  Apparently, you don't so let me tell you.

The coaches can't do in home visits, nor can the recruit come visit campus.  However, other forms of communication is STILL ALLOWED!!!

This means actual recruiting is STILL HAPPENING!!!  Non Stop!!  They can text a recruit, call and recruit, direct message a recruit, etc.

And during all this time period, Jeff Scott will not be here.  He will be at Clemson.  I mean maybe he can get Clemson ready for the CFP AND recruit all day, who knows.  Maybe he's superman.  However, I for one, would prefer a coach who is dedicating almost all of his time to recruiting at the critical time.

I think CJS is doing it right.  He is here for the critical next 3 or 4 days for the final Recruiting push in the early signing period.  Then he will only be at Clemson until their playoff run ends.   I have no problem with that.  In fact, I would prefer to have a Coach who is loyal to the Program that brought him up then the other way around.  Its called being Classy and Loyal.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,367
  • Days Won:  25

2 hours ago, OnTheBus said:

CCS also has the biggest drop off in wins from season 1 to season 3 in program history.

#SuperDuperFunFacts

He also went from the highest scoring offense to one one of worse offense's I can remember averaging a pathetic 10 ppg. The win total went from 10 to 4 in 3 seasons and the whole team regressed.

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

I just got done reading some of the most ridiculous assuming ever!!! If you dont think he's been recruiting then you are foolish. This past weekend was full of "Official Visits"...pretty confident he was at USF all weekend with recruits. The man has said he has already been talking to coaches and prospects. 

Maybe we can all wait to ***** about the lack of recruiting...or perceived lack of recruiting when February signing comes. Links below so we all know what we are ******** about....

http://www.ncaa.org/student-athletes/resources/recruiting-calendars

https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/compliance/recruiting/calendar/2019-20D1REC_FBSMFBRecruitingCalendar.pdf

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

49 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

I know what it means.  In addition to what you said, coaches also can't contact recruits.  Recruits can contact them however.

Yes, they can contact recruits via any means except in person. Read the NCAA regulations. 

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Coaches may write and telephone student-athletes or their parents during a dead period.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

5 hours ago, Apis Bull said:

I posted this on the recruiting page:

The dead period started today.  There can be no contact with recruits.  Unless you have evidence to the contrary, I'm going to assume that he had been working on recruiting, as well as evaluating staff, and getting acclimated to USF.

Again, starting today, there's nothing he can do in terms of recruiting until January 16, 2020.  So, going to finish the playoff run with Clemson will have no impact on our recruiting.

To add to that, as I have often said, just because we, as fans, don't hear about anything going on, it doesn't mean that nothing is happening.

Missed a day so trying to skim quickly.  He had 12 recruits in for visits the other day.  

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

33 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Coaches may write and telephone student-athletes or their parents during a dead period.

I stand corrected.  But the fact remains that he's been working on recruiting and most people agree that it's actually a benefit for him to finish up with Clemson.