• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

december 18

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  483
  • Days Won:  1

16 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Im cool with the hire, but i havent seen NOTHING yet from the man. So yes, i have concerns. I find it funny how Taggart and CCS had every move scutinized and now all of a sudden everybody has so much blind faith lol All i can do is wait on the man to make his moves 🤷 

This is some interesting revisionist history...I guess xCSH should be in this category as well? This is a fan-based message board. 90% of what is posted is debated and driven by schizophrenic levels of faith and excitement. It's either Armageddon or Christmas. Was absolutely no different for any new coach...everyone was excited before the games were played. Everyone hated the new coach after some of the games were played (see: McNeese State, Houston). Some are all over this board saying that CJS should be focused on USF and not coaching his team in the CFP so its not like CJS is devoid of any criticism. I bet we lose to FAU next year. But just like I didn't burn my USF gear after our last loss to FAU under the much 'scrutinized' xCWT, I won't burn my USF gear this year either. I don't really understand the constant refrain that CJS is getting special treatment...he's not. Honestly though, he deserves a little bit of special treatment. Exceptions should be allowed for exceptional people. Not one previous head coach energized the fans or immediately tried to connect with the alumni/boosters the way this guy has. Based on week 1, if you are debating that CJS is not exceptional compared to our previous head coaches then you are just delusional. I am a die hard King Jim Leavitt supporter and even I had to take a step back in awe over CJS. 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

1 minute ago, JTrue said:

What were you doing with the other two?

They started MAKING MOVES immediately. So i had at least that to have faith in.This man hasnt made a move PERIOD except 2 RBs who had injuries most of their careers. There is no stafff set up. Im sure he will make his power moves but until then I have NOTHING 2 get excited about. If u want to take it like i dislike the man or salty then so be it.

5 minutes ago, mj796 said:

This is some interesting revisionist history...I guess xCSH should be in this category as well? This is a fan-based message board. 90% of what is posted is debated and driven by schizophrenic levels of faith and excitement. It's either Armageddon or Christmas. Was absolutely no different for any new coach...everyone was excited before the games were played. Everyone hated the new coach after some of the games were played (see: McNeese State, Houston). Some are all over this board saying that CJS should be focused on USF and not coaching his team in the CFP so its not like CJS is devoid of any criticism. I bet we lose to FAU next year. But just like I didn't burn my USF gear after our last loss to FAU under the much 'scrutinized' xCWT, I won't burn my USF gear this year either. I don't really understand the constant refrain that CJS is getting special treatment...he's not. Honestly though, he deserves a little bit of special treatment. Exceptions should be allowed for exceptional people. Not one previous head coach energized the fans or immediately tried to connect with the alumni/boosters the way this guy has. Based on week 1, if you are debating that CJS is not exceptional compared to our previous head coaches then you are just delusional. I am a die hard King Jim Leavitt supporter and even I had to take a step back in awe over CJS. 

7 minutes ago, mj796 said:

Fans are energized b/c they were tired of CCS and have a new toy. CJS comes from a Championship program....cool..But Im simply waiting for some ACTION b4 i praise the man. How u fanboys are attacking me for feeling that way baffles me.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  280
  • Days Won:  1

The man is from Clemson.. the people who won the College Football Championship in OUR home field stadium two years ago

I can assure you, he's being mentored by his former bosses, including Dabo Swinney. He's not leaving on bad terms whatsoever

They WANT him to succeed here, the folks at Clemson WANT him to be successful here. Clemson won the College Football Championship in 2016 and 2018... and attended it in 2015

For the past 10 years, they've had an .800+ season win percentage... pretty astonishing number for the ACC

What are we worried about? You can't put all the responsibility on a man to fix us, without letting him have his own program. His own assistants, his own recruits, etc

He's been here.... a week? Not even?

Let's get through April, let's get into June... then we can see what we are dealing with. If he took any notes whatsoever while at Clemson, I think we'll do just fine

1 minute ago, MikePhillips said:

The man is from Clemson.. the people who won the College Football Championship in OUR home field stadium two years ago

I can assure you, he's being mentored by his former bosses, including Dabo Swinney. He's not leaving on bad terms whatsoever

They WANT him to succeed here, the folks at Clemson WANT him to be successful here. Clemson won the College Football Championship in 2016 and 2018... and attended it in 2015

For the past 10 years, they've had an .800+ season win percentage... pretty astonishing number for the ACC

What are we worried about? You can't put all the responsibility on a man to fix us, without letting him have his own program. His own assistants, his own recruits, etc

He's been here.... a week? Not even?

Let's get through April, let's get into June... then we can see what we are dealing with. If he took any notes whatsoever while at Clemson, I think we'll do just fine

Ive supported EVERY coach that USF has ever had. I have no problem with CJS nor am i saying he will fail. You guys are such fanboys that you refuse to comprehend that part. All Im saying is I want to see some ACTION. Dont get mad at me for not being a fanboy. Im just saying he hasnt made any moves that has brought out my fanboy yet. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

I too hate fan boys and the the thing I hated most about CSH, CWT, CCS and now CJS is the way they went around not being CJL (that and they lost a lot).

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  740
  • Days Won:  0

36 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Ive supported EVERY coach that USF has ever had. I have no problem with CJS nor am i saying he will fail. You guys are such fanboys that you refuse to comprehend that part. All Im saying is I want to see some ACTION. Dont get mad at me for not being a fanboy. Im just saying he hasnt made any moves that has brought out my fanboy yet. 

It’s been less than two weeks. You sure are impatient.

1 minute ago, OnTheBus said:

It’s been less than two weeks. You sure are impatient.

Um....we are going through something called a "signing period".**** right im impatient.This is a CRITICAL time.The recruits/players you get can AFFECT your FUTURE and PRESENT.

• Crying 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

2 hours ago, puc86 said:

At least I am consistent 

So are the Washington Generals.