• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

When should we expect some Assistants?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

King seems like a nice guy. Has been a good recruiter. But he is a little laid back. I am not sure he would "fit" with the incoming staff the message that Jeff Scott is pushing. 

So to compare....Jeff Scott says "BEST is the standard"

Shaun King on Saturday tweets: "It’s about so much more than just football. Proud of these men"

Look I know what SK is trying to say but is it really wise to tweet that message after the last two seasons he just had? 

Football is kind of the reason you are all there. A lot of the comments out of CCS the last few years would have given one the impression that he thought he was getting paid $5 million to run a community center that just happened to focus on football. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,357
  • Days Won:  5

18 minutes ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

The only one I will miss is King, but I am sure he is be in FAU soon.

I hope we keep him. Looks like the staff is playing the walking dead. Not doing a **** thing to keep our recruits. Just lost two offensive line commits yesterday. That’s 10 decommits now for those keeping score at home.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

46 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

This is true if a program were doing well, or at least improving.  I don't think continuity is important in our case.

Change for the sake of change is bad.

And on the other hand, to quote Emerson "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds."

The decision depends on the talent and situation, in this case if Joey is right it is probably more correct than incorrect to not retain any of them.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I am all for it. Burn this **** storm and start over. We need a conference championship and the best way is to start from the ground up at this point. I bet each of these new new hires will be a significant upgrade to what was here. 

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

6 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I am all for it. Burn this **** storm and start over. We need a conference championship and the best way is to start from the ground up at this point. I bet each of these new new hires will be a significant upgrade to what was here. 

CJS wants his guys, it is understandable. There may have been a couple worth keeping, but Burke et. al. needed to go and if CJS has a team in mind that will work seamlessly then that's the way to go rather than have 2 holdovers or so and a bunch of new coaches.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Sounds like we should be hearing about new staff sooner than later. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

55 minutes ago, jchem1995 said:

I hope we keep him. Looks like the staff is playing the walking dead. Not doing a **** thing 

I like SK like the rest of you but his last 2 mentors probably tainted his views and overall coaching effectiveness.  He can take the lazy, daddy approach focused on being the players friend to the next stop, we need to clean the house and this can only be done with a good scrubbing, everyone goes.  

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, jchem1995 said:

I hope we keep him. Looks like the staff is playing the walking dead. Not doing a **** thing to keep our recruits. Just lost two offensive line commits yesterday. That’s 10 decommits now for those keeping score at home.

More room for Scott’s picks. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Days Won:  1

10 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I like SK like the rest of you but his last 2 mentors probably tainted his views and overall coaching effectiveness.  He can take the lazy, daddy approach focused on being the players friend to the next stop, we need to clean the house and this can only be done with a good scrubbing, everyone goes.  

This. One piece of dirty laundry can stink up the entire locker room. Burn it all!