• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

When should we expect some Assistants?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,197
  • Days Won:  2

20 hours ago, Skingraft said:

The only one I slightly feel should get a solid look is BJM; I'm not sold he is a bad coach. King-keeper

Ok the defense did look better...adding three transfers helped for sure.

But one area somebody brought up before is player development...and in the three years we didnt see much at all on the defense.  Reeves and Livingstone didnt look much different since Strong arrived.  Now with Leavitt we would see great player development and those two would have been so much more dominant by senior years.

Or maybe Strong held back BJM some...which is possible also I guess.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

18 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Ok the defense did look better...adding three transfers helped for sure.

But one area somebody brought up before is player development...and in the three years we didnt see much at all on the defense.  Reeves and Livingstone didnt look much different since Strong arrived.  Now with Leavitt we would see great player development and those two would have been so much more dominant by senior years.

Or maybe Strong held back BJM some...which is possible also I guess.

It's so hard to tell... there is no question we win a few more games with a competent offense... that D played their butts off and gave us some chances to win

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,709
  • Days Won:  23

6 minutes ago, Skingraft said:

It's so hard to tell... there is no question we win a few more games with a competent offense... that D played their butts off and gave us some chances to win

D finished 76th in scoring defense. the only reason anyone thinks they were anything but mediocre is because our offense was so terrible.

after year 3, with the focus on defense with a defensive head coach, you need to be somewhere in the top 30 at least.

I'll pass. Like our old coach loved to say "we are in need of a good washing" . we need to get the stink of failure off this program.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

King is the only one I think he should entertain keeping. King's position group was one of the bright spots and he has value as a recruiter. The rest of the staff were unconnected mercenaries while King is Tampa through and through. Keeping him and all of the USF alum analysts and GA's would help build that culture of building your own like they do at Clemson. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

9 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

King is the only one I think he should entertain keeping. King's position group was one of the bright spots and he has value as a recruiter. The rest of the staff were unconnected mercenaries while King is Tampa through and through. Keeping him and all of the USF alum analysts and GA's would help build that culture of building your own like they do at Clemson. 

Yup. And since Rodemaker is gone ZERO reason to keep Bell, thankfully.  

I would move King back to QB coach. He did well with the running backs, but the improvement of Flowers under his tutelage was amazing.  

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

7 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

Yup. And since Rodemaker is gone ZERO reason to keep Bell, thankfully.  

I would move King back to QB coach. He did well with the running backs, but the improvement of Flowers under his tutelage was amazing.  

QB coach is a tough ask. These days most OC's coach the QB's and I'm sure Scott wants guy who knows his offense in that spot. They didn't do it at Clemson so maybe there's hope there but I think he's a RB coach of retained. He got good production and developed the guys behind Cronk. Sands and Joiner were both productive guys and one was a true freshman and Sands who was a project back when recruited. 

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

8 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

QB coach is a tough ask. These days most OC's coach the QB's and I'm sure Scott wants guy who knows his offense in that spot. They didn't do it at Clemson so maybe there's hope there but I think he's a RB coach of retained. He got good production and developed the guys behind Cronk. Sands and Joiner were both productive guys and one was a true freshman and Sands who was a project back when recruited. 

I'm sure.he could coach WRs or TEs and that group would improve also. Man knows football. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

Scott is a legit WR developer. I doubt he lets that go. Man has developed a lot of NFL WR's. So probably RB's or QB coach for CSK if at all.

Edited by Azmodi

• Topic Count:  9,893
  • Content Count:  66,048
  • Days Won:  172

22 hours ago, Bull94 said:

D finished 76th in scoring defense. the only reason anyone thinks they were anything but mediocre is because our offense was so terrible.

after year 3, with the focus on defense with a defensive head coach, you need to be somewhere in the top 30 at least.

I'll pass. Like our old coach loved to say "we are in need of a good washing" . we need to get the stink of failure off this program.

we look so bad in a facets of the game 

there was no improvement

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Am I the only one that is really anxious waiting to find out the rest of the staff?