• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

When should we expect some Assistants?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

12 minutes ago, DJBulls said:

imo there is a window to move forward and I think he will for various reasons 

I honestly don’t see how Scott would be able to even think he would have a choice. Bring in your guys and your clock starts in a couple of years, give the current regime your stamp of approval and your clock started last year.

• Upvote 3

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

10 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Have you ever played in an Orchestra? Can you still tell when it’s not good? Have you ever gotten a Michelin Star? Can you still tell when food is bad? Ever made a block buster film? Still know when a movie sucks?

There are plenty of things I think suck but experts in that field disagree. Bell has had success wherever he's been. If CJS thinks that last year's offensive failures weren't primarily because of CKB, he may choose to keep him on as bit of continuity for that side of the ball.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Triple B said:

There are plenty of things I think suck but experts in that field disagree. Bell has had success wherever he's been. If CJS thinks that last year's offensive failures weren't primarily because of CKB, he may choose to keep him on as bit of continuity for that side of the ball.

I have coached Madden and NCAA teams that’s about as transferable as the level of coaching KB has dwelled in. There is a guy by my house that runs a pretty good WAWA so I am sure Exxon will consider him for COO when it comes available again, and even if he runs the company into the ground his first year they will just remember it’s probably not his fault because after all he did once run a successful gas station, petroleum is petroleum after all.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

I have coached Madden and NCAA teams that’s about as transferable as the level of coaching KB has dwelled in.

No, it's not ....... stop being silly.

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

No, it's not ....... stop being silly.

There is roughly 1500 coaching jobs between being head coach at Valdosta and being the OC at USF, the ridiculous thing is thinking that despite embarrassing FBS failure that DIIII success somehow means it will be overcome.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,577
  • Days Won:  29

4 hours ago, puc86 said:

There is roughly 1500 coaching jobs between being head coach at Valdosta and being the OC at USF, the ridiculous thing is thinking that despite embarrassing FBS failure that DIIII success somehow means it will be overcome.

Almost like a Youngstown St coach going to Ohio St ?

I would think the main reason you would keep a coach would be because of his recuiting.

3 minutes ago, E.T. said:

Almost like a Youngstown St coach going to Ohio St ?

I would think the main reason you would keep a coach would be because of his recuiting.

Tressel had coached at a higher level including at Ohio state before he went to Ohio state and the problem with KB is not that he coached anywhere lower level it is that he has only coached at lower level programs and for a long stretch of time. His recruiting was just fine in DIIIII but much like his coaching it has not translated to anything at this level, he couldn’t even land a kid that played for him .

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

it will be an exciting couple of years to see how all this shakes out

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

puc - I feel like you're holding something back... Can you tell us how you really feel about CKB? Inquiring minds want to know.

• Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

Keep King, seems to be cut from the same cloth as Scott.   GET RID of the rest.   I think the most important piece of the puzzle, as far as coaches, is a good OL coach.   Go to the big 10, find a OL coach, and please find a few grad transfer students from big 10 that can freaking block and not draw penalties! 

• Upvote 1