• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Get behind the Jeff Scott hire

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

4 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Leavitt wasn't a rental, Skip wasn't a rental, Willie turned out to be a rental but a lot of people thought he might be here longer than he was, Charlie it is up in the air whether he was a rental or just riding out the end of his career here.  

OMG. Welcome back.

Leavitt was a lifer.

Skip wasn't a rental because we were still in a BCS conference

CCS is interesting... not sure if it's better for him to have been a rental (if he had some success), or, him staying here for a few years because it was a low-pressure/not quite retirement job.

I really hope Scott has success first and foremost. Then... ideally he would stick around. I can think of only 2 legit names that would have been loyal... Leavitt and L Scott. Other than that, J Scott is probably the best of the "field" and will likely have more success than L Scott. I'm happy with the hire, just stating my opinion on where we are as a program. Stepping stone, not destination for 99% of the candidates.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  740
  • Days Won:  0

It's fun to revisit this thread from 3 years ago. Several users vouched for Scott back then. Other users saw the Charlie Strong trainwreck a mile away

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

21 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

As long as he doesn't say we need to "slow the offense down to give the Defense a rest", then we should be fine.

Well that statement wouldn't even make any sense coming off this last season, so I retract it.

If Strong was still here it would make perfect sense though

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Maybe Jeff Scott thought coming here was the best place to win and build a HC resume while waiting for Saban to retire so they can grab Dabo and he can go back Clemson.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

25 minutes ago, Roger "Toro" Smith said:

^this is the stuff I'm talking about right here lol. What does this even mean? Sorry for signing up for a fansite and injecting my opinion. I'll go sit in the back until I'm a better/more worthy fan than you

It means that you Sir are quite vebose. A little brevity now and then is a good thing.

very funny lol GIF

Edited by Azmodi

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

49 minutes ago, Roger "Toro" Smith said:

New member here and while I've visited and read the board for a long time, and have seen what I call "TheBullspen Grumpy Old Men",  I'm still shocked at some of the negativity around Jeff Scott. If you look around the Twitterverse and fansites, this guy is at the onset, a great hire. Clemson insiders and fans alike are lauding this hire for us if it is indeed what unfolds. 

For everyone pining for Leavitt, stop and go get some help. You all sound like jilted lovers who just can't seem to get over that first love. As a kid, going to USF games, I was in awe of The Jim and how he built this program. His passion on the sidelines is what made me fall in love with USF Football and later attend and graduate from USF. As much as we'd all like to dream of this triumphant return and applaud his 8-9 win seasons, it wasn't going to happen. That ship has sailed and the sooner we as fanbase move on, the better. 

My point is, lets get behind the new leader. All we can do as fans is show the new HC that we're ready to support.

And for anyone trashing the fact that Scott has never been a HC, so what?! A lot of coaches who came into programs and found abundant success had never been HC's before. It's a silly way of measuring what you think will be his future success. The guy is coming from a 1st class program, mentored by a FL football family and groomed under Dabo, recruits FL, AND is an offensive-minded coach. LOL, the guy literally checks all the boxes.

Also of note, you know this guy wants to make a mark and I'd be willing to bet he won't be outworked when it comes to shmoozing donors and injecting life into this program we all love.

Thanks for having me. Go Bulls! 

Amen. This is a home run hire. Michael Kelly got his guy, and that’s always a good thing. 

Guest Jonesy Bull
24 minutes ago, Roger "Toro" Smith said:

^this is the stuff I'm talking about right here lol. What does this even mean? Sorry for signing up for a fansite and injecting my opinion. I'll go sit in the back until I'm a better/more worthy fan than you

Don't take anything personal on this board.  Its just a place where people can give their opinion, vent, and sometimes try to stir up trouble.  You have all types on here, so you have to take what is said with a grain of salt sometimes.

Guest Jonesy Bull
53 minutes ago, Roger "Toro" Smith said:

New member here and while I've visited and read the board for a long time, and have seen what I call "TheBullspen Grumpy Old Men",  I'm still shocked at some of the negativity around Jeff Scott. If you look around the Twitterverse and fansites, this guy is at the onset, a great hire. Clemson insiders and fans alike are lauding this hire for us if it is indeed what unfolds. 

For everyone pining for Leavitt, stop and go get some help. You all sound like jilted lovers who just can't seem to get over that first love. As a kid, going to USF games, I was in awe of The Jim and how he built this program. His passion on the sidelines is what made me fall in love with USF Football and later attend and graduate from USF. As much as we'd all like to dream of this triumphant return and applaud his 8-9 win seasons, it wasn't going to happen. That ship has sailed and the sooner we as fanbase move on, the better. 

My point is, lets get behind the new leader. All we can do as fans is show the new HC that we're ready to support.

And for anyone trashing the fact that Scott has never been a HC, so what?! A lot of coaches who came into programs and found abundant success had never been HC's before. It's a silly way of measuring what you think will be his future success. The guy is coming from a 1st class program, mentored by a FL football family and groomed under Dabo, recruits FL, AND is an offensive-minded coach. LOL, the guy literally checks all the boxes.

Also of note, you know this guy wants to make a mark and I'd be willing to bet he won't be outworked when it comes to shmoozing donors and injecting life into this program we all love.

Thanks for having me. Go Bulls! 

We definately need to get behind the new leader.  I'm personally excited about this hire, he certainly checks off alot of boxes.  Of course there is Risk with bringing anybody that doesn't have HC experience, but I like our chances with this guy, especially since he is bringing his Dad - who by the way does have alot of experience and has USF ties.

Anyway, the successful programs in our Conference have been going the Coordinator route with little to no HC experience, so there is that!

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

15 minutes ago, OnTheBus said:

It's fun to revisit this thread from 3 years ago. Several users vouched for Scott back then. Other users saw the Charlie Strong trainwreck a mile away

lol. always fun to look back.......

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Just now, Bull94 said:

lol. always fun to look back.......

Especially when you were spot on, right?