• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Get behind the Jeff Scott hire

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

Hopefully the big time donors still understand they're opening their checkbook not for a coach to build something here, but for USF to continue to try and build something here .... Without that thought process, we'll sink lower and lower in the conference in terms of Contributions.

couldn't agree more. coaches will come and go

Guest Jonesy Bull
3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Hopefully the big time donors still understand they're opening their checkbook not for a coach to build something here, but for USF to continue to try and build something here .... Without that thought process, we'll sink lower and lower in the conference in terms of Contributions.

I would hope that the big time donors already understand this.  I would imagine they were involved in some way in the decision to part ways with Strong, since he is owed quite a bit of money.  Why not, put money in to replacing him with "apparently" our top candidate!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

2 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

I would hope that the big time donors already understand this.  I would imagine they were involved in some way in the decision to part ways with Strong, since he is owed quite a bit of money.  Why not, put money in to replacing him with "apparently" our top candidate!

I think most do ..... probably is we need more of them.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

3 hours ago, Azmodi said:

It means that you Sir are quite vebose. A little brevity now and then is a good thing.

very funny lol GIF

I'll bet he calls Jeff Lebowski "El Duderino."  

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  149
  • Days Won:  0

33 minutes ago, jjlovecub said:

If it is Scott, do we get him now or does he finish the playoff run?

Related question - how does recruiting work if he's between jobs? Does he try to bring all his recruits to Tampa or just work on the guys that are already in our recruiting class? 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  16

54 minutes ago, Roger "Toro" Smith said:

I don't think Strong is a bad dude but man I don't care who the next coach is--I want them to have some fire, not only for every opponent, but especially for that school to the east.

Agree 1000%.  Charlie never seemed like he cared much based on hi demeanor.

What this program needs is a good washing culture change.  I'd be good is Scott brings us some of Clemson's culture.

54 minutes ago, Roger "Toro" Smith said:

You win the presser if you come in and the expectation is to beat them every year.

The danger is he sets expectations too high.  This feels like a multi-year process.

Edited by hedgehogfrenzy

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

43 minutes ago, Roger "Toro" Smith said:

There's a real possibility too that Milton attempts to make a come back and because of what he's done for that program, they give him a shot. I simply can't see him coming back and being the same player. Juggling between him and the freshman there could cause some hiccups next year for c..

This also doesn't need to be said as I'm sure most will agree. I don't think Strong is a bad dude but man I don't care who the next coach is--I want them to have some fire, not only for every opponent, but especially for that school to the east. You win the presser if you come in and the expectation is to beat them every year. Have that fire and hatred.

I can’t see him coming back. On senior day he was still had a significant limp. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,943
  • Days Won:  12

10 minutes ago, Bull Gooner said:

Related question - how does recruiting work if he's between jobs? Does he try to bring all his recruits to Tampa or just work on the guys that are already in our recruiting class? 

I believe it can be structured either way. Ie he can sign the dotted line to be USFs coach as of XX date, start hyping recruits to come, meanwhile he is still coaching through the end of the seasom at his current employer. Feel free to correct me anyone who knows more

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,485

The extended silence from USF after everything was reported this morning makes me think Memphis is in the mix and we end up with the other Scott.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, Brad said:

This is the one statement/assumption I’m not there with yet.  Central Florida had success with Scott Frost.  He’s gone and Heupel in year two has underperformed.  My concerns for stepping stone schools is - can success be maintained on the 3 years and out model if you are constantly rebuilding staffs and recruits?  We will see, maybe.  It seems to be an inefficient and costly model, but it may be the only one as long as we are in the AAC...although if we can’t make it attractive for a coach to stay, it will occur if we were fortunate enough to find ourselves in the P5

9 - 3 after losing a great QB?  I'd take that.