• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jim Leavitt and The People

Jim Leavitt and The People  

168 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  166
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Bulls On Parade said:

At this point in time he likely is one of the better candidates.

This was his baby let him finish what he started. 

Support for Usf would grow and that IPF would be started quite soon.

We got some big name teams on the horizon to play and we had a good history in those games with him.

I wasnt big on this at first but I am now.

Now some wont like this but I do think Bell should be given more opportunity to get this offense rolling.  This offense is seriously lacking in talent. Bell had a juggernaut offense at Valdosta St and I think with input from Leavitt it can be tuned to work here.  

Just look at the qb Valdosta St had he was so much better than McCloud or Blake. We get a dual threat qb here like that and a solid defense...watch out. 

Supposedly the Valdosta State kid is graduating with a year left. Kids a duel threat. Could be what we need next year and he would know the offense. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

4 minutes ago, Brad said:

So, I accidentally came across this on twitter....perhaps it gives a little insight into Michael Kelly's relationship with CJL.

While discussing the new scheduling philosophy:

image.png

Actual tweet

🤔 I wonder what this could mean?

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

11 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

So the annoucement will come next week that its one of the Clemson guys....Maybe!

Doesn't Clemson run a pro-Style offense of sorts that requires the OL to hold their blocks for more than 2 nanoseconds? If so, it might take some time to get the right  guys in place, ala Kerwin Bell. Either Clemson OC may find it a little more difficult to succeed here without the 5 star linemen that they're used to. I don't think Jim will get a chance, but his hire would be an instant shot in the arm that this program needs badly right now. Not sure what a second Leavitt tenure would look like here. Hard to imagine him being the same raging lunatic (in a good way) that we saw on the sidelines against Rutgers in 2007, but he would certainly light more of a fire under player's behinds than Charlie did. I think Leavitt could be a better hire than either Clemson OC, and might be the extremely rare coach who might stick around here.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

It is from May....but it's interesting.  When you think of our other AD that would hide under the bed or ignore the father of the program, Michael Kelly being a decent human being is "nice"....  :)

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

6 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Well you can bet those who are realistic candidates, who eventually get hired, will be moving to another school if successful (conference championship); or they will be eventually fired. That’s life in the G5. 

Welcome to our reality.  

Only one man is sticking around no matter what. 

• Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

How about a Leavitt / Scott ticket?   I actually think CJL would be Larry Scott's Defensive Coordinator, if Scott gets HC job.  Think CJL would love to see a former player succeed and at the same time help resurrect the program he built.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,529
  • Days Won:  25

7 hours ago, puc86 said:

I’ve actually put a lot of thought into it and CJL coming back would probably be the single worst thing that could happen to my posting 

Puc would be so happy he would purge TBP for almost one full day.

11 minutes ago, T-Man said:

How about a Leavitt / Scott ticket?   I actually think CJL would be Larry Scott's Defensive Coordinator, if Scott gets HC job.  Think CJL would love to see a former player succeed and at the same time help resurrect the program he built.

I would get behind that, but I really don't see CJL being an assistant on the program he built. The only way that happens if he honestly doesn't want the pressure of being the HC anymore which is possible an understandable at his age.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,266
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

Puc would be so happy he would PURGE TBP 

We will roll out the people’s razor and begin trials immediately, do not fear you are safe. 

Guest Jonesy Bull
7 hours ago, Brad said:

Not sure, but I can't withstand another four years of pain to watch him move to some other school again.

Yes I hear ya.  But unfortunately anybody (except maybe JL) will do the exact same thing to us if/when they start having alot of success.  That is the nature of the situation/conference we are in.  I'm preaching to the choir, I know you already know that.