• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jim Leavitt and The People

Jim Leavitt and The People  

168 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Jonesy Bull
6 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

Doesn't Clemson run a pro-Style offense of sorts that requires the OL to hold their blocks for more than 2 nanoseconds? If so, it might take some time to get the right  guys in place, ala Kerwin Bell. Either Clemson OC may find it a little more difficult to succeed here without the 5 star linemen that they're used to. I don't think Jim will get a chance, but his hire would be an instant shot in the arm that this program needs badly right now. Not sure what a second Leavitt tenure would look like here. Hard to imagine him being the same raging lunatic (in a good way) that we saw on the sidelines against Rutgers in 2007, but he would certainly light more of a fire under player's behinds than Charlie did. I think Leavitt could be a better hire than either Clemson OC, and might be the extremely rare coach who might stick around here.

I'm starting to think the Clemson guys are the ones that turned down this job.  I still think one of the Clemson boys would be our best bet.  Its a risk, but its a risk that could turn out to be a homerun.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

Has anyone publicly stated they turned down the job? NO!

I take yhe media for what they're worth, lies inuendo and pure speculation.

Edited by Azmodi
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

1 minute ago, Azmodi said:

the bloggers and fanboys with  "sources close to the matter" have told us so. it's like believing the national enquirer

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

1 minute ago, Bull94 said:

the bloggers and fanboys with  "sources close to the matter" have told us so. it's like believing the national enquirer

Exactly. This ^^^, he gets it.

• Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

Puc would be so happy he would purge TBP for almost one full day.

I would get behind that, but I really don't see CJL being an assistant on the program he built. The only way that happens if he honestly doesn't want the pressure of being the HC anymore which is possible an understandable at his age.

I think CJL would actually be okay with DC job at USF as long as one of his original players is the Head Coach.  Think about the pride he would have watching one of his players guide the program, and the satisfaction he would get providing advice and guidance to that player so that they can rebuild it.  I think this is the only way the naysayers come along for the ride, and it also gives the supporters a way back to the program.   It is almost like a probationary period for the fans and CJL.   Think this would also be a huge coup for MK to pull off.

Article headline from when Scott left us.. 

Larry Scott Leaves USF For Miami. Get Used To The New Reality.

Larry Scott, a USF alum, an ace recruiter, and the last assistant coach holdover from the Jim Leavitt days, is leaving the Bulls for the Hurricanes. Better get used to losing people you want to keep, everyone.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  0

14 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

Are you telling me Bat boy isn’t real? 

Guest Jonesy Bull
17 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

I take yhe media for what they're worth, lies inuendo and pure speculation.

I agree.  Its all speculation at this point.  I'm just going by what people have said they received from the Premium sites.  But that doesn't necessarily mean anything either.   We should all know in just a few short days.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, T-Man said:

I think CJL would actually be okay with DC job at USF as long as one of his original players is the Head Coach.  Think about the pride he would have watching one of his players guide the program, and the satisfaction he would get providing advice and guidance to that player so that they can rebuild it.  I think this is the only way the naysayers come along for the ride, and it also gives the supporters a way back to the program.   It is almost like a probationary period for the fans and CJL.   Think this would also be a huge coup for MK to pull off.

Never!!!! I would protest. He built this program. Nothing less than head coach or Athletic director

9 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

Never!!!! I would protest. He built this program. Nothing less than head coach or Athletic director

What happens if CJL openly endorsed the plan...

Here are CJL comments when Scott went to UM to coach...  

image.png.f2679410c332673ec42f5aa8b97e186a.png

Edited by T-Man