• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Potential Coaches from Tampa Times

Guest Jonesy Bull
4 minutes ago, OncomingStorm said:

Does anyone seriously think we were an option for Kiffin? That’s the most insane thought I’ve heard in this whole process. More insane than the notion that firing Strong was impossible.

How is there anyway to know who is an option and who isn't, under this shroud of secrecy (which is the right thing to do imo).

I doubted he would want to come here, and even if he did I doubt we would have considered him seriously because of well, he is Lane Kiffin - speaks for itself.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

There are something like 11 college coach openings currently. Around 4-5 P5 spots with possibly more coming like..Mich State, S Carolina if they decide to cut theirs loose?? Appears Memphis may be looking?  Cincy?  Temple? if good offers go to these guys. If all that took place it's going to be a whirlwind of programs trying to fill their openings. What a year is unfolding in college football. 

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

I don't think it's insane to consider Kiffin a possibility for USF. I mean, he *is* at FAU right now. He probably could've landed in the AAC to rehab at some point if he wanted to. And who is to say he's ready to be a head coach in the SEC again, even after his rehabiliSaban stint? SEC teams, even the doormats like Ole Miss and Arky, may not be ready for him yet and may want to take other routes.

I think USF fans think Kiffin to USF is insane, and I can agree that he's not the type USF typically likes to hire, and doubt Kelly is seriously looking at him but can't dismiss it, esp. when people are willing to not dismiss certain other candidates.

1 minute ago, Danm1983 said:

I don't think it's insane to consider Kiffin a possibility for USF. I mean, he *is* at FAU right now. He probably could've landed in the AAC to rehab at some point if he wanted to. And who is to say he's ready to be a head coach in the SEC again, even after his rehabiliSaban stint? SEC teams, even the doormats like Ole Miss and Arky, may not be ready for him yet and may want to take other routes.

I think USF fans think Kiffin to USF is insane, and I can agree that he's not the type USF typically likes to hire, and doubt Kelly is seriously looking at him but can't dismiss it, esp. when people are willing to not dismiss certain other candidates.

Tough one. even CSS came to us with some personal baggage along with his losing record from TX but, he was CSS a big name so an apparent good pick to take us to success....OK that didn't go well. I'm sure Kiffin has matured some over the years but he is a vocal guy who doesn't mind walking a fine line when it comes to NCAA rules. The latter could be more of a negative/worry for an AD

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  740
  • Days Won:  0

Someone name me the last C-USA head coach that decided to make the incredible leap into The American.

I'll wait...

3 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

Tough one. even CSS came to us with some personal baggage along with his losing record from TX but, he was CSS a big name so an apparent good pick to take us to success....OK that didn't go well. I'm sure Kiffin has matured some over the years but he is a vocal guy who doesn't mind walking a fine line when it comes to NCAA rules. The latter could be more of a negative/worry for an AD

CCS not CSS...Maybe I'm thinking of his brother Sam

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  611
  • Days Won:  3

2 minutes ago, OnTheBus said:

Someone name me the last C-USA head coach that decided to make the incredible leap into The American.

I'll wait...

Well Holgorsen went from the ACC to the Americsn.

1 minute ago, ToroDeFuego said:

that was an interesting/surprising move. money? location? some info on future Houston possibilities for conf move?

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

13 minutes ago, Danm1983 said:

It should be obvious to everybody that the typical USF hire usually does not work.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  740
  • Days Won:  0

6 minutes ago, ToroDeFuego said:

And Tubberville made a similar step down. But I'm looking for a coach that was successful enough in the C-USA to look for a jump to a different G5 school.

And I can wait all day.