• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,457
  • Days Won:  25

19 hours ago, Corey lea said:

McCloud does not have the "it" factor. Everyone gets butt hurt when someone talks about talent or lack thereof. 

It's always the coaches fault. This team is lazy in general, but showed some flashes. Opening kickoff, instead of tackling the guy at the 5, Hampton goes for a hapless strip. 

I hope the Rygol and Evan's get more snaps. We have to find a qb with more consistency.

Agree with these two statements.

It could be years before we are fortunate enough to get anybody close to QF. So the position falls to coaching and creating packages to fit the personnel. IF this is a run first offense with taking shots down the field AND the ball being there ON TIME, then I think maybe Rygol has the stronger arm.

One thing everybody needs to remember is the lack of experience at the QB position, along with the new system. We all knew there would be some growing pains as the season went along. We still gotta win the line of scrimmage for any of these young QB's to have a chance.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

What happens if we run out of backup quarterbacks? Who would be our favorite player?

Guest Jonesy Bull

McCloud is a redshirt freshman.  He is showing signs that he can be pretty **** good as he matures and gets stronger. 

Evans needs to get more involved in the offense somehow.  He is definitely a threat as a Wildcat QB.  Need to find ways to get him in space.

Rygol is better than I thought.  He has the ability to make great passes, i.e. the Touchdown pass.  But a lot of his passes were way off too.  He had better running moves than I expected.  Got some 1st downs on nice runs.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

23 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

McCloud is a redshirt freshman.  He is showing signs that he can be pretty **** good as he matures and gets stronger. 

Evans needs to get more involved in the offense somehow.  He is definitely a threat as a Wildcat QB.  Need to find ways to get him in space.

Rygol is better than I thought.  He has the ability to make great passes, i.e. the Touchdown pass.  But a lot of his passes were way off too.  He had better running moves than I expected.  Got some 1st downs on nice runs.

Summed up nicely...

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,525
  • Days Won:  28

On 10/27/2019 at 8:34 AM, Corey lea said:

McCloud is still not the future. I'm not sure what the staff was thinking by moving Evan's to receiver. However, the dude has some serious wheels and looks 10x better at qb than McCloud. 

In the second half he should have gotten more touches to see what he could do. I go back to this over and over again, Personnel decisions costs this team as much as anything.

McCloud completed 75% of his passes for over 100 yards with 2 TDs. He also had 40 yds rushing at 12.7 yards per attempt. That's w/o playing a full game. I can tell Corey that you are the type of dude that would leave your wife for a hotter chick b/c you think you will be happier with her. Every game, you chit on players and want to replace them with another player on the bench or from the transfer portal. My friend, in life, the grass isn't always greener on the other side. I do agree that they should have pulled the trigger on McCloud during the Navy game, and went with Evans and/or Rygol in the 2nd half, but at least they are taking precautions with McCloud now. I haven't seen enough "bad play" from Mccloud to justify benching him. He runs waaaaay better than I thought he did and I feel he throws waaay better than QF or BJ Daniels. But thank you for crapping on McCloud, your good luck will do him wonders like it did Nick Roberts

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  649
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

McCloud completed 75% of his passes for over 100 yards with 2 TDs. He also had 40 yds rushing at 12.7 yards per attempt. That's w/o playing a full game. I can tell Corey that you are the type of dude that would leave your wife for a hotter chick b/c you think you will be happier with her. Every game, you chit on players and want to replace them with another player on the bench or from the transfer portal. My friend, in life, the grass isn't always greener on the other side. I do agree that they should have pulled the trigger on McCloud during the Navy game, and went with Evans and/or Rygol in the 2nd half, but at least they are taking precautions with McCloud now. I haven't seen enough "bad play" from Mccloud to justify benching him. He runs waaaaay better than I thought he did and I feel he throws waaay better than QF or BJ Daniels. But thank you for crapping on McCloud, your good luck will do him wonders like it did Nick Roberts

So you are not concerned with his spotty play? If you were CCS and your job was riding on how you finished this year, would you not at least have a short leash on McCloud? Roberts is like Sawtelle, get somebody good or even average in there and you will forget that he is gone too. Remember all that crazy talk about Keeane and CO? That qb room has been crap for a long time and I just don't think that if I am CCS that I would not at least have the other two ready to go in at a moment's notice. If he would have pulled Qb's in the GT and Navy games early, he would probably have one more win. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Just now, Corey lea said:

So you are not concerned with his spotty play? If you were CCS and your job was riding on how you finished this year, would you not at least have a short leash on McCloud? Roberts is like Sawtelle, get somebody good or even average in there and you will forget that he is gone too. Remember all that crazy talk about Keeane and CO? That qb room has been crap for a long time and I just don't think that if I am CCS that I would not at least have the other two ready to go in at a moment's notice. If he would have pulled Qb's in the GT and Navy games early, he would probably have one more win. 

classic case of backup QBism....

McCloud is young and will make mistakes. guess what? the other two don't have any experience and will make plenty of mistakes too.

Just now, Bull94 said:

classic case of backup QBism....

McCloud is young and will make mistakes. guess what? the other two don't have any experience and will make plenty of mistakes too.

yeah, but give them an opportunity to make them. Keeping McCloud in against Navy was just simply irresponsible as a coach. You will lose your team watching that garbage play.  

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,457
  • Days Won:  25

6 minutes ago, Corey lea said:

yeah, but give them an opportunity to make them. Keeping McCloud in against Navy was just simply irresponsible as a coach. You will lose your team watching that garbage play.  

:icon_deadhorse: :icon_deadhorse: :icon_deadhorse: :icon_deadhorse: :icon_deadhorse: :icon_deadhorse: :icon_deadhorse: :icon_deadhorse:  :icon_deadhorse: :icon_deadhorse:

Just curious, what did you think of McCloud in the Navy game?

:icon_deadhorse:

Edited by BDYZR

1 minute ago, BDYZR said:

:icon_deadhorse: :icon_deadhorse: :icon_deadhorse: :icon_deadhorse: :icon_deadhorse: :icon_deadhorse: :icon_deadhorse: :icon_deadhorse:  :icon_deadhorse: :icon_deadhorse:

Just curious, what did you think of McCloud in the Navy game?

:icon_deadhorse:

If he was hurt then he should not have been in the game....if he was just off then you should not kill your chance of winning with awful play.