• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

1 minute ago, Corey lea said:

If he was hurt then he should not have been in the game....if he was just off then you should not kill your chance of winning with awful play.

😴

Guest Jonesy Bull
25 minutes ago, Corey lea said:

yeah, but give them an opportunity to make them. Keeping McCloud in against Navy was just simply irresponsible as a coach. You will lose your team watching that garbage play.  

Here's a thought, maybe just maybe McCloud is currently our best option at QB.  He is going to have his ups and downs as being a 1st year QB.  If you keep switching QB's all the time (exception when there are injuries), what kind of consistency are you expecting to get.

Nobody had a very good game against Navy, not just the QB.  I say he bounced back pretty nicely against ECU.  Hopefully gives the entire team confidence going into the Temple game.

• Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  811
  • Days Won:  1

I like the idea of keeping Evans in the mix because it gives you a few downs in a drive to get your starting QB off the field and coached up or getting rest.

Guest Jonesy Bull
Just now, 94 Bull said:

I like the idea of keeping Evans in the mix because it gives you a few downs in a drive to get your starting QB off the field and coached up or getting rest.

I like to the idea of bringing him in here and there as well, especially if there are designed plays that suit his ability into getting into space and making things happen.  It also will keep their Defense off balance.....but not as an every down QB.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, Corey lea said:

So you are not concerned with his spotty play? If you were CCS and your job was riding on how you finished this year, would you not at least have a short leash on McCloud? Roberts is like Sawtelle, get somebody good or even average in there and you will forget that he is gone too. Remember all that crazy talk about Keeane and CO? That qb room has been crap for a long time and I just don't think that if I am CCS that I would not at least have the other two ready to go in at a moment's notice. If he would have pulled Qb's in the GT and Navy games early, he would probably have one more win. 

The more you talk about Roberts, the better he plays lol. As for McCloud he has been injured for like 2 games so you can't really determine if he sucks yet, b/c when he is healthy, he did well.  I do agree with using Evans more and having Rygol on stand by if he has a bad game, but McCloud is actually a much better QB than I thought. I feel he deserves a chance. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

2 hours ago, Corey lea said:

yeah, but give them an opportunity to make them. Keeping McCloud in against Navy was just simply irresponsible as a coach. You will lose your team watching that garbage play.  

Don't think there's been much in the way of anybody supporting keeping JM in the Navy game as long as they did ..... but if you didn't see the difference in Navy JM and ECU JM, you are freaking clueless.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Final score of this thread:

TBP Board Members - 73

Corey - 0

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  649
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Final score of this thread:

TBP Board Members - 73

Corey - 0

Nothing like deflecting. The facts are 10 tds 6 ints.  Taken -78 in sacks and 55 percent completion at 6.2 yards per reception.

Wear the rose colored glasses all you want, if I were in Strong's position I would giving the other 2 some reps. Kid is pedestrian at best.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

50 minutes ago, Corey lea said:

Nothing like deflecting. The facts are 10 tds 6 ints.  Taken -78 in sacks and 55 percent completion at 6.2 yards per reception.

Wear the rose colored glasses all you want, if I were in Strong's position I would giving the other 2 some reps. Kid is pedestrian at best.

When eating crow in a few weeks I would recommend seasoning it with lemon pepper and over cooking it by 5 minutes to bring out the gamie taste of the bird. 

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Corey lea said:

Reminds me of Elton John. Pretty good singer.