• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

3 hours ago, Corey lea said:

Opening kickoff, instead of tackling the guy at the 5, Hampton goes for a hapless strip. 

You're kidding, right? He wasn't preventing the touchdown at that spot. The smart move was to try and strip the ball before crossing the goal line.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

2 hours ago, SilverBull said:

I really think turning this into a McCloud vs. Evans vs. Rygol debate is kind of silly.  

First, the relative health of these players may play a big part in any decision on playing time.

Second, they are all relatively inexperienced and who, in the words of classic SNL, are Not Ready for Primetime Players.

Third, if McCloud is healthy, I don't see any way that the coaching staff completely replaces him with one of the others at this juncture.

Finally, while I am not usually in favor of a QB platoon system, given what has transpired this season, our track record for keeping the QB upright and alive and, if we want to have a better chance to win the remainder of our games while building experience for the future, I think they should be used similar to the way they were in yesterday's game.  We should not be afraid for the rest of THIS YEAR to alternate using situational QBs.

I am not in love with any of these guys but I kind of like all of them as a possible three-headed monster (perfect for Halloween).

the unique part is...all 3 seem to possess diff attributes than the other 3 diff styles/abilities. only way I like the platoon method is..if it works

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

here's another one I could get run out of town for...Rygol (granted only minimal time) has that solid Groethe like look. hangs in there, throws the bullet, can move if needed. be nice to take this guy and somebody work with him like CSK see what he is made of. poss CCS doesn't like his hyper attitude but hey..you don't mind a little cocky if theres actions backing it up. hope they don't just shelf him??? 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

39 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

here's another one I could get run out of town for...Rygol (granted only minimal time) has that solid Groethe like look. hangs in there, throws the bullet, can move if needed. be nice to take this guy and somebody work with him like CSK see what he is made of. poss CCS doesn't like his hyper attitude but hey..you don't mind a little cocky if theres actions backing it up. hope they don't just shelf him??? 

The kid has an "it" factor.... let him start and play all 4 quarters v Temple

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  649
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

You're kidding, right? He wasn't preventing the touchdown at that spot. The smart move was to try and strip the ball before crossing the goal line.

It was on the 5...so no, I'm not kidding. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,380
  • Days Won:  25

Rygol has the best arm and is not hurt yet. Put him in and see how he dares against Temple. Evans looks good in running but is more a athlete than a qb. McCloud is about halfway between styles.

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,344
  • Days Won:  5

2 hours ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

Rygol has the best arm and is not hurt yet. Put him in and see how he dares against Temple. Evans looks good in running but is more a athlete than a qb. McCloud is about halfway between styles.

So I like that idea. I liked Rygol’s touch to St. Feix I liked the catch and run. But half ********** I saw him tip the throw at the line of scrimage , like a big ol wink to the  receiver , head bob for him. Sooooooo, don’t stare it down and we win some more games.

Just now, jchem1995 said:

So I like that idea. I liked Rygol’s touch to St. Feix I liked the catch and run. But half **** faced I saw him tip the throw at the line of scrimage , like a big ol wink to the  receiver , head bob for him. Sooooooo, don’t stare it down and we win some more games.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

3 hours ago, Corey lea said:

It was on the 5...so no, I'm not kidding. 

Watch the replay again. Hampton goes for the body or even dives at his feet, the momentum carries the runner into the end zone before hitting the ground. The swipe was the smartest move at that spot on the field.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

Classic fans - love whoever is the backup QB

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

10 hours ago, BulledOver said:

the unique part is...all 3 seem to possess diff attributes than the other 3 diff styles/abilities. only way I like the platoon method is..if it works

...which makes for a tough choice on who to start. Rygol has a cannon for an arm, and can run a bit. Doesn't seem to panic much in the pocket, although we haven't seen much of him in meaningful game time yet. Evans ability to run obviously open doors for the offense, much like Q. If he's even a decent passer, he can help us win a lot of games. As someone else mentioned, McCloud is a little of both. The staff will have to choose if they want to be a run first (Evans) offense, or more of a true Pro Style offense (McCloud Evans). I'd like to see us settle on one QB, but if the QB by committee thing works....

• Upvote 1