• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

AAC gets waiver to hold championship game with 11 teams.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

2 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

App State has been beating P5 Schools, ranked teams and most G5 teams they have faced. They been a 10 win team for over a decade. We will NEVER steal a team from the Mountain West so unless we get one of the military academies (which I prefer) App State is our best option in terms of adding "quality" football

Airforce... they want out of MW

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

20 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

P5 conferences may be saying the same thing about us, minus the "quality football" part

Wonder who's watching us outside this area. Most fans around the country can't tell us apart from our rivals to the East.

Not saying App State would be my first pick, but they have done well, and would be competitive I believe. If winning isn't enough, what does a school like that have to do to move up? Is the Sun Belt their ceiling? P5 fans view us they way some of you view App State.

But we are already in the AAC and they are not...

12 minutes ago, Skingraft said:

This is what I am hearing/reading as well. This is the smart play.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,334
  • Days Won:  10

55 minutes ago, Skingraft said:

Well, who to root for?  This presents a challenge for an Air Force vet...naw, I'm still a Bull first. :04-rock:

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, USFBulls727 said:

P5 conferences may be saying the same thing about us, minus the "quality football" part

Wonder who's watching us outside this area. Most fans around the country can't tell us apart from our rivals to the East.

Not saying App State would be my first pick, but they have done well, and would be competitive I believe. If winning isn't enough, what does a school like that have to do to move up? Is the Sun Belt their ceiling? P5 fans view us they way some of you view App State.

Irrelevant.  We're not some charity here to provide a hand up to those "less fortunate" than us.  If they can't help grow our program, then they need to stay where they are.   We did this once with mickey mouse u. and some other g5 also rans and we see where that has gotten us.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,340
  • Days Won:  43

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

This is what I am hearing/reading as well. This is the smart play.

Would love to take a road trip to Colorado Springs to see USF battle Air Force!! This will also put Navy in the East so USF will be in Annapolis every other year 

Edited by Bull Daly

Just now, Bull Daly said:

Would love to take a road trip to Colorado Springs to see USF battle Air Force!!

Same. That would be a really sweet trip. 

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

2 hours ago, Grateful Dad said:

Well, who to root for?  This presents a challenge for an Air Force vet...naw, I'm still a Bull first. :04-rock:

Navy game gets me too... I still rock the horns but it's not as bad if it ends in a L

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,851
  • Days Won:  67

3 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Same. That would be a really sweet trip. 

I would freakin love this, my sister and her husband are alumni and my niece graduated this year as well.  Beautiful place and they moved back to the springs so I have room and board.  Great trip and we can hit a dispensary if CCS is still the coach, it is a win win.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

7 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Point is, the reasons being given for not letting App State jump to the AAC could apply to us making the jump to the P5. It's pretty funny listening to folks in here seeming to have the attitude that App State shouldn't be in our league, yet think we are Big 12/ACC material.

7 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

Point is, the reasons being given for not letting App State jump to the AAC could apply to us making the jump to the P5. It's pretty funny listening to folks in here seeming to have the attitude that App State shouldn't be in our league, yet think we are Big 12/ACC material.

The point is we are not going to the P5. The music has stopped. No G5 team is worth $23 million a year. The best that can happen is one of the P5 conferences disintegrates and we would be among one of the teams that merges with their leftovers...but this new conference would not be a P5 conference (though it would be better than the AAC)...and even that scenario is unlikely. Thus, I could care less if it sounds like we are being elitist in choosing a team to replace UConn. We don’t need some small market team in the middle of the hills of North Carolina...there is no value there. Better off just getting rid of Tulsa and playing with 10 if that was the choice. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 2